Lesson 3 Clean Machines
第三課 清潔機動車
Solar Car Racing
太陽能汽車比賽
Solar racers have been coming to Australia for years for the World Solar Car Challenge.
太陽能汽車賽手為了世界太陽能汽車挑戰賽很多年來一直來澳大利亞。
We interviewed Marie Logan from Brisbane.
我們采訪了來自布里斯班的瑪麗·洛根。
Well, the first question I have for you is simple. What is a solar car?
嗯,我問你的第一個問題很簡單。什么是太陽能汽車?
Solar cars are cars that use the sun's energy for power.
太陽能汽車是以太陽能為動力的汽車。
That means they don't use petrol, gas or any other fuel, just the sunlight.
就是說它們不用汽油、柴油或其他燃料,只用太陽光。
And why are people interested in solar cars?
那為什么人們喜歡太陽能汽車?
People have been worried about pollution caused by fuels like petrol and gas for a long time now.
人們一直為汽油、柴油等燃料帶來的污染擔憂。
Solar cars are clean and safe, so there is a lot of interest in them.
太陽能汽車既清潔又安全,所以有很多人喜歡它們。
You've been designing solar racing cars for a long time. When did you start?
很長時間以來,你一直在設計太陽能賽車。你是從什么時候開始的?
Well, I've been interested in cars since kindergarten.
嗯,我上幼兒園時就對汽車感興趣了。
When I was at university, I started designing my car. I've designed five or six different cars so far.
上大學時,我開始設計汽車。到現在,我已經設計了5、6輛不同的汽車了。
And I've been taking part in races for about four years.
而我參加競賽大概已經4年了。
How many races have you taken part in?
你參加了幾個比賽?
Let me think. Six. We've won two of them!
我想想。6個。其中有兩個我們獲勝了!
Where do these races take place?
這些比賽都在哪進行?