Using Language
語言應用
Reading and discussing
閱讀和討論
Journey Down the Mekong
沿湄公河而下的旅行
PART 2 A Night in the Mountains
第二部分 山中一宿
Although it was autumn, the snow was already beginning to fall in Tibet.
雖然是秋天,但是西藏已經開始下雪了。
Our legs were so heavy and cold that they felt like blocks of ice.
我們的腿又沉又冷,感覺就像大冰塊。
Have you ever seen snowmen ride bicycles?
你看到過雪人騎自行車嗎?
That's what we looked like!
我們看上去就像那樣。
Along the way, children dressed in long wool coats stopped to look at us.
一路上,一些身著羊毛大衣的孩子們停下來看著我們。
In the late afternoon we found it was so cold that our water bottles froze.
下午晚些時候,我們發現由于天冷,我們的水壺都凍上了。
However, the lakes shone like glass in the setting sun and looked wonderful.
然而,湖水在落日的余暉下閃亮如鏡,景色迷人。
Wang Wei rode in front of me as usual.
像往常一樣,王薇在我的前面,
She is very reliable and I knew I didn't need to encourage her.
她很可靠,我知道我用不著給她鼓勁兒。
To climb the mountains was hard work, but as we looked around us, we were surprised by the view.
上山很艱難,但是當我們環顧四周,(眼前的)景色讓我們感到驚奇,
We seemed to be able to see for miles.
我們似乎能看到幾百里以外的地方。
At one point we were so high that we found ourselves cycling through clouds.
在某個時刻,我們發現自己置身高處,彷佛騎車穿越云層。
Then we began going down the hills.
然后我們開始下山。
It was great fun especially as it gradually became much warmer.
這非常有趣,特別是天氣逐漸變得暖和多了。
In the valleys, colorful butterflies flew around us and we saw many yaks and sheep eating green grass.
在山谷里,五彩斑斕的蝴蝶翩翩飛舞在我們身旁,我們還看到牦牛和羊群在吃草。
At this point we had to change our caps, coats, gloves and trousers for T-shirts and shorts.
這時,我們不得不把帽子、外衣、手套和長褲脫掉,換成T恤衫和短褲。
In the early evening we always stop to make camp.
一到傍晚,我們通常就停下來宿營。
We put up our tent and then we eat.
我們先把帳篷支起來,然后吃飯。
After supper Wang Wei put her head down on her pillow and went to sleep but I stayed awake.
晚飯后,王薇把頭放在枕頭上就睡覺了,而我卻醒著。
At midnight the sky became clearer and the stars grew brighter.
半夜里,天空變得清朗了,星星更亮了。
It was so quiet.
(夜晚)非常安靜。
There was almost no wind- only the flames of our fire for company.
幾乎沒有風,只有篝火的火焰和我們做伴。
As I lay beneath the stars, I thought about how far we had already travelled.
當我躺在星空下,我想著我們已經走了多遠。
We will reach Dali in Yunnan Province soon, where our cousins Dao Wei and Yu Hang will join us.
我們很快就要到達云南的大理。在那里,我們的表兄弟大偉和宇航將加入我們的行列。
We can hardly wait to see them!
我們迫不及待地想要見到他們!