Unit 3
第三單元
Travel journal
旅游日記
Reading
閱讀
JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG
沿湄公河而下的旅行
PART 1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN
第一部分 夢想與計劃
My name is Wang Kun.
我的名字叫王坤。
Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip.
從高中起,我姐姐和我就一直夢想作一次偉大的自行車旅行。
Two years ago she bought an expensive mountain bike and then she persuaded me to buy one.
兩年前,她買了一輛價錢昂貴的山地自行車,然后她還說服我也買了一輛。
Last year, she visited our cousins, Dao Wei and Yu Hang at their college in Kunming.
去年她去看望了我們的表兄弟——在昆明讀大學的大偉和宇航。
They are Dai and grew up in western Yunnan Province near the Lancang River,
他們是傣族人,在云南省西部靠近瀾滄江的地方長大,
the Chinese part of the river that is called the Mekong River in other countries.
湄公河在中國境內的這一段叫瀾滄江,流經其他國家后就叫湄公河。
Wang Wei soon got them interested in cycling too.
很快,王薇使表兄弟也對騎車旅行產生了興趣。
After graduating from college, we finally got the chance to take a bike trip.
到大學畢業后,我們終于有了作一次騎車旅行的機會。
I asked my sister, "Where are we going?"
我問姐姐:“我們要去哪里?”
It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends.
首先想到要沿湄公河從源頭到終點騎車旅行的是我的姐姐。
Now she is planning our schedule for the trip.
現在,她正為這次旅行制訂計劃。
I am fond of my sister but she has one serious shortcoming.
我很喜歡我姐姐,但是她有一個嚴重的缺點,
She can be really stubborn.
她有時確實很固執。
Although she didn't know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly.
盡管她對到某些地方的最佳路線并不清楚,她卻堅持要把這次旅行安排的盡善盡美。
Now, I know that the proper way is always her way.
現在我知道了這個盡善盡美的方式總是她的方式。
I kept asking her, "When are we leaving and when are we coming back?"
我老是問她:“我們什么時候動身?什么時候回來?”
I asked her whether she had looked at a map yet.
我問她是否已經看過地圖。
Of course, she hadn't; my sister doesn't care about details.
當然她并沒有看過,我的姐姐是不會考慮細節的。