Depends on what you mean by real quick.
那要看你說的快是什么意思。
Well, just a haircut then.
哦,就簡單剪個發。
OK. I don't believe I've seen you before.
沒問題。我們以前好像沒有見過面。
No. They're changing the oil in my car across the street.
沒有。他們在街對面正給我的車加油,
Thought I'd step in here and get a haircut. Get it out of the way before I get to Hollywood. How many miles is it?
我想正好趁沒到好萊塢之前把頭發給理了。這兒離好萊塢還有多遠?
About two hundred straight down the highway. You can't miss it.
沿公路一直往南大約200英里,你不會錯過的。
What town is this? O.K.-by-the-Sea.
這個鎮叫什么?海邊滿意鎮。
What do the people do here?
這里的人都以什么謀生?
Well, I cut hair.
我給人理發,
Friend of mine named Wozzeck repairs watches, radios, alarm clocks, and sells jewelry. Imitation stuff mainly.
我有位叫沃采克的朋友,他修表、收音機、鬧鐘,還賣首飾,大多數是仿制品。
Factory here? Farms? Fishing?
這里有工廠、農莊、漁業嗎?
No. Just the few stores on the highway, the houses further back in the hills, the church, and the school. You a salesman?
都沒有。只有沿公路幾家商店,后面山里有些住宅,還有教堂和學校。你是位推銷員嗎?
No, I'm a writer.
不是,我是個作家。
What do you write?
你寫什么?
A little bit of everything. How about the haircut?
什么都寫點兒。怎么樣?給我剪發吧!
You got to be in Hollywood tonight?
你今晚得到好萊塢嗎?
I don't have to be anywhere tonight, but that was the idea. Why?
我今晚不必趕到任何地方。不過是打算到好萊塢。你問這干什么?
Well, I've always said a writer could stop in a place like this, watch things a little while, and get a whole book out of it, or a play.
呃,我一直都說作家可以在我們這樣的地方停下來,觀察一段時間,然后就寫本書或 劇本出來。
Or if he was a poet, a sonnet.
如果是位詩人,就寫出一首十四行詩來。
Do you like Shakespeare's?
你喜歡莎士比亞的十四行詩嗎?
They're just about the best in English.
那差不多是英語里最棒的詩了。