Well, Clark, I haven't seen you for a long time.
喂,克拉克,好久不見了。
I'm just passing through, Harry. Thought I might run into Clay here.
哈里,我路過這兒,以為沒準能碰到克萊。
He was here a little while ago.
他剛才還在這里呢。
How is he? He's fine, Clark.
他還好嗎?挺好的,克拉克。
I've been working in Salinas. Got a ride down in a truck.
我在薩利納斯上班,搭了輛卡車來的,
It's across the street now at the gasoline station.
車在馬路對面的加油站。
You've been home, of course? No, I haven't. Oh?
肯定回過家了吧?沒有。是嗎?
I've left Fay, Harry.
哈里,我離開費伊了。
You got time for a haircut, Clark?
有時間剪發嗎,克拉克?
No, thanks, Harry. I've got to go back to Salinas on that truck.
不了,謝謝。我得乘那輛卡車回薩利納斯。
Clay's somewhere on the beach.
克萊這會兒在海灘上呢。
(Handing Harry three ten-dollar bills)
(交給哈里三張十美元的鈔票)
Give him this, will you? Thirty dollars. Don't tell him I gave it to you.
把這交給克萊,好嗎?30美元。別說是我給你的。
Why not?
為什么不告訴他?
I'd rather he didn't know I was around. Is he all right?
我不想讓他知道我來過。他沒事吧?
Sure, Clark. They're all OK. I mean...
當然沒事,他們都沒事。我的意思是……
Tell him to take the money home to his mother. (He picks up the newspaper.)
叫他把錢帶回家,給他媽媽。(他拿起那份報紙。)
Sure, Clark. It came out this morning. Take it along.
放心吧,克拉克。報紙是今天剛出的,帶走吧。
Thanks. (He puts the paper in his pocket.) How've things been going with you, Harry?
謝謝。(他把報紙放進衣袋。)哈里,你過得怎么樣?