Yeah, that's a thought.
這倒是個好主意。
Nobody seems to have any sensible ambition. It's all fun and play.
這些孩子中沒人有什么抱負,整天不是尋開心就是玩游戲。
How can I teach children like that? What can I teach them?
這樣的孩子我怎么教?教他們什么?
English. Of course.
教英語呀。那是當然的。
Singing, dancing, cooking...
唱歌、跳舞、烹飪……
Cooking? ... I must say I expected to see a much older man.
烹飪?……沒想到這種話會從你這么年輕的人嘴里說出來。
Well. Thank you. Not at all.
呃,謝謝夸獎。別客氣。
The question is: Shall you stay or shall you go back to San Francisco? Yes.
問題是你究竟是留在這兒,還是回舊金山?是的。
The answer is: Go back while the going's good. Why?
我給你的回答是:趁你還來得及,回去吧。為什么?
You're too good for a town like this. I am not!
你太好了,不適合我們這樣的鎮子。你胡說!
Too young and too intelligent. Youth and intelligence need excitement.
太年輕,太聰明。青春和才智需要令人激動、興奮的生活。
There are kinds of excitement.
令人興奮的生活多種多樣。
Yes, there are. You need the big-city kind.
是的,你需要大城市的那種。
There isn't an eligible bachelor in town.
再說,這地方也沒有適合你的單身漢。
You seem to think all I want is to find a husband.
你似乎以為我只是想找個丈夫。
(She sits almost angrily in the chair and speaks very softly.)
(她近乎生氣地坐在椅子上,輕聲地說。)
I'd like a haircut if you don't mind, Mr. Van Dusen.
范杜森先生,請給我剪個短發。
You'll have to get that in San Francisco, I'm afraid.
對不起,恐怕你得回舊金山去剪了。
Why? Aren't you a barber? I am.
為什么?難道你不是理發師?我是。
Well, this is your shop. It's open for business.
那好,這是你的理發店,現在正在營業,
I'm a customer. I've got money. I want a poodle haircut.
我是顧客,而且我有錢,我要剪個鬈毛狗那樣的短發。