I guess I'd never get a haircut if you weren't in town, Mr. Van Dusen.
范杜森先生,你要是不在這兒,就不會有人給我理發了。
Nobody would, since I'm the only barber.
我是這里唯一的理發師,我要是不在,沒人會理發了。
I mean, free of charge.
我是說免費理發。
I give you a haircut free of charge, you give me a haircut free of charge. That's fair and square.
我免費給你理發,你也免費給我理發,這是公平交易呀。
Yes, but you're a barber. You get a dollar a haircut.
這倒是,可你是理發師,理一次發收一美元呀。
Now and then I do. Now and then I don't.
有時我收費,有時我不收費。
Well, anyhow, thanks a lot. I guess I'll go down to the beach now and look for stuff.
好了,不管怎么說,謝謝你了。我現在要到海邊去找東西了。
I'd go with you, but I'm expecting a little Saturday business.
我真想跟你一起去,不過周六我指望會有些生意。
This time I'm going to find something real good.
這次我會找到好東西的。
The sea washes up some pretty good things, doesn't it?
大海還真能沖上來好東西,是不?
It sure does, except money.
除了錢以外,還真是這樣。
What do you want with money?
你要錢干嗎?
Things I need.
換到我需要的東西。
What do you need?
你需要什么東西?
I want to get my father to come home again. I want to buy Mother a present...
我想讓我爸回家,我想給我媽買件禮物……
Now, wait a minute, Clay. Let me get this straight. Where is your father?
等等,克萊,我得把事情搞清楚,你爸在什么地方?
I don't know. He went off about a month ago.
我也不知道,他一個月之前離家出走了。
What do you mean, he went off?
離家出走?你這是什么意思?
He just picked up and went off.
他收拾了自己的東西,就走了。
Did he say when he was coming back?
他說了什么時候回來嗎?
No. All he said was, Enough's enough. He wrote it on the kitchen wall.
沒有,他只是說,忍無可忍了。這話他寫在了廚房的墻上。
Enough's enough?
忍無可忍?
Yeah. We all thought he'd be back in a day or two, but now we know we've got to find him and bring him back.
是的,我們都以為他一兩天就會回來,現在我們明白了,我們得找到他,把他弄回來。