Alice: Was your life very difficult when you were a kid?
艾麗斯:你小時候生活很難嗎?
Grandma: Oh, not really. Why?
奶奶:哦,不是很難。怎么了?
Alice: Well, you didn't have modern inventions like a telephone, right?
艾麗斯:噢,你們沒有像電話這樣的現代發明,對嗎?
Grandma: Of course we did! How old do you think I am? The telephone was invented in 1876. You need to take a history class, Alice!
奶奶:我們當然有!你認為我有多老?電話是在1876年發明的。你需要上歷史課了,艾麗斯!
Alice: Haha! How about cars? They weren't invented yet, were they?
艾麗斯:哈哈!那么汽車呢?它們還沒有發明,對嗎?
Grandma: Yes, they were. Cars were invented in 1885. My family had a car.
奶奶:不,發明了。汽車是在1885年發明的。我家里有一輛汽車。
Alice: Well, did you have a TV?
艾麗斯:好吧,你們有電視機嗎?
Grandma: No, we couldn't afford one. They were expensive in those days. The TV was invented around 1927, I think.
奶奶:沒有。我們買不起。它們在那個時代很貴。我想電視機是在大約1927年發明的。
Alice: Well, I know that you didn't have a computer because we learned in school that personal computers were invented in 1971.
艾麗斯:嗯,我知道你們沒有電腦,因為我們在學校里學過個人電腦是在1971年發明的。
Grandma: You're right. But I have one now!
奶奶:對。但現在我有一臺!