Anna: Mom, can I go to the shopping center with John? He just got his driver's license.
安娜:媽媽,我能和約翰去購物中心嗎?他剛剛取得駕照。
Mom: No way! I don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive. They aren't serious enough. I'm worried about your safety.
媽媽:沒門兒!我認為不應該允許16歲的青少年開車。他們不夠謹慎。我擔心你的安全。
Anna: But Gaby's getting her ears pierced at the shopping center and I want to watch.
安娜:但是加比正在購物中心打耳洞,我想去看看。
Mom: Sixteen-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to get their ears pierced either. They're too young.
媽媽:16歲的青少年也不應該被允許打耳洞,他們太年輕了。
Anna: I agree, but it's fun to watch. Can I take the bus then?
安娜:我贊同,但觀看一下挺有趣的。那么我可以乘公共汽車嗎?
Mom: Well, OK.
媽媽:哦,好的。
Anna: Great! I want to buy a new skirt, too.
安娜:太棒了!我也想買一條新裙子。
Mom: What kind of skirt? Maybe I should go with you.
媽媽:什么樣的裙子?或許我應該和你一起去。
Anna: Aww, Mom. I'm not a child. I think teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
安娜:啊,媽媽,我不是一個孩子了。我認為青少年應該被允許選擇他們自己的衣服。
Mom: Well, I just want to make sure you get something nice.
媽媽:嗯,我只是想確保你能買到好的東西。