Question 5. M: Please excuse me for not attending the meeting yesterday. I'm afraid I forgot to check my schedule.
問題5. 男:真不好意思,昨天沒來參加這個會議??峙挛沂峭洸榭次业娜粘贪才帕?。
W: That's all right. We had to hold the weekly meeting as scheduled. And everything went well.
女:沒關系。周會總是要如期進行,不過一切都很順利。
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
問題:我們從對話中了解到什么?
Question 6. W: I've just put our lunch in the oven and it won't be ready for at least half an hour.
問題6. 女:我才剛把午飯放進烤箱,起碼得半小時才能好。
M: Mmm, it smells marvelous, but what can I have right now?
男:嗯,菜聞起來就很誘人,不過我現在能吃點什么呢?
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
問題:我們從對話中了解到什么?
Question 7. M: I got some bad news today. The store where I work is laying off staff.
問題7. 男:今天我聽到些壞消息。我上班的那個百貨商店要裁員。
W: Are they going to let you go?
女:他們會把你裁掉嗎?
Q: What does the woman want to know?
問題:這位女士想知道什么?
Question 8. W: John, you swim like a fish. I wish I knew how to swim.
問題8. 女:John,你水性真好。要是我也會游泳就好了。
M: Why not sign up for the lessons offered by the physical education department?
男:為什么不報名參加體育部開的課呢?
Q: What does the man mean?
問題:這位男士是什么意思?