Man: You and your brother must be a good team.
您和您哥哥一定是個很棒的團隊。
Woman: Well, Tom and I always discuss things but he's more creative and comes up with all the ideas while I look after the business side.
嗯,我和湯姆經常進行討論,但他更富有創造性,所有點子都是他想出來的,而我則管理生意。
The thing about working with family is that you know they're going to be there tomorrow.
和家人一起工作的好處在于,你知道他們明天一定會在那里。
You can employ other key people, but then if you upset them, they'll probably leave.
至于其他的關鍵崗位,你可以雇傭別人,但如果你惹了他們,他們有可能會離開。
Man: Sure. People say it's tough work.
是的。人們說這是個艱難的工作。
Woman: There's no doubt that it is.
嗯,這是毫無疑問的。
Some staff don't go home until 4.30 in the morning ... but then they might not be on until the next evening.
一些員工直到凌晨4:30才回家……但他們可能下個晚上才會來。
I only work during the day I might add!
我只在白天工作!
I like to have some time to myself but most people in the restaurant business aren't like me.
我喜歡給自己留些時間,但大多數餐飲業的人都和我不一樣。
People in the business tend to be outgoing, sociable types - the sort who enjoy an environment of constant activity and tight deadlines.
干這行的人都很外向而且善于社交——他們喜歡經常舉辦活動,而且喜歡時間期限緊迫的工作任務。
Man: What would you say to anyone who's thinking of going into the catering business?
您會對那些想加入餐飲業的人說些什么呢?
Woman: I'd say, start at the bottom.
我會說,從底層做起。
Interestingly, one of the institutions here is developing a recruitment technique based not on degrees and work experience but on the ability to learn.
有趣的是,這里的一家機構正在發展一種招聘策略——基于學習能力,而非學歷和工作經驗的招聘策略。
The food industry still maintains the idea of apprenticeship.
餐飲業依然秉持學徒制的觀念。
Running a restaurant, working with the public - these are very complex skills and you must be prepared to start at the bottom and learn quickly.
經營一家餐廳、與大眾一起工作——這些都是非常復雜的技能,你必須從底層做起并且迅速地學習。
Man: Well, thank you for coming along to the studio today, Olivia, and I wish you every success ...
嗯,感謝您今天能做客演播室,奧利維亞,我祝您取得成功……