Man 1: Mmm - OK how does the fruit get from grower to customer?
男1:嗯......好的了解了,那么獼猴桃是如何從種植者那里送到消費者手中的?
Man 2: Well, most kiwi is exported by sea though some is sent by air freight to Australia.
男2:嗯......大部分獼猴桃是通過海運出口的,也有些空運到澳大利亞。
The fruit comes into the ports by truck, after being packed by the growers at local packing stations.
獼猴桃由當地包裝站的種植者包裝好后,用卡車運到港口。
There is a plan for express rail transport in the future, which should speed things up a bit more.
未來有一個高速鐵路運輸計劃,應該會更快一點。
Man 1: And after the fruit arrives at the ports?
男1:獼猴桃到港口以后呢?
Man 2: Well, it's stored on the ships in large wooden boxes.
男2:嗯......裝在船上的大木箱里。
We send 50 million boxes out of the country on 80 ships - but that’s not enough!
我們用80艘船將5000萬箱獼猴桃運向海外,但這還不夠!
We’re quite happy with the design of the boxes, and we know we’ve got exactly the right temperature on board for the fruit - in other words, our technology isn’t a problem - we simply need more ships to be able to work as efficiently as we’d like to.
我們對箱子的設計非常滿意,而且我們知道船上溫度非常適合獼猴桃——換句話說,我們的技術沒有問題——只要有增加船只,我們就能像希望的那樣高效工作。
Man 1: And how do you see the future developing?
男1:那您如何看待未來的發展呢?
Man 2: Well, we hope to work out ways to send the fruit even more quickly to our export markets, to keep it as fresh as possible.
男2:嗯......我們希望找到能夠更快地把獼猴桃送到出口市場的辦法,以盡可能地保持新鮮。
Man 1: Mmm - well thank you, Peter.
男1:嗯......謝謝您,彼得。
One last question - is kiwi fruit popular in New Zealand?
最后一個問題-獼猴桃在新西蘭國內市場受歡迎嗎?
Man 2: Yes ... In fact it recently became the second biggest seller on the home market.
男2:受歡迎……事實上,獼猴桃最近已經成為國內市場第二大暢銷產品。
It’s overtaken sales of pears - although it’ll be a while yet before we overtake apples.
其銷量已經超過了梨——盡管還需要一段時間才能超過蘋果。
But that’s OK of course, because all New Zealand fruit is delicious!
當然,這并不重要,因為所有新西蘭的水果都很好吃!