Woman: Advance Recruitment.
女:這里是提前招聘公司。
Man: Hello, I’ m phoning from A&T Computer Solutions. I was hoping you could help us with some temporary office staff.
男:你好,這里是A&T計算機解決方案公司。我希望貴公司能幫我們找些臨時的辦公室職員。
Woman: Of course. Can I take your name please?
女:當然可以,請問您叫什么名字?
Man: It’s John Howlett. That’s H-O-W-L-E double T.
男:我叫約翰·豪利特。H-O-W-L-E-T-T。
Woman: Fine. And what kind of posts are they?
女:好的,您需要什么樣的職位?
Man: Well, we're looking for 3 secretaries. Two secretaries are leaving so we have to replace them but we’re also very busy and need another secretary because of the extra work.
男:嗯......我們要找三個秘書。兩個秘書要離職,所以我們必須補上,而且我們也很忙,就需要再加一個秘書來處理額外的工作。
Woman: And when will they start?
女:那什么時候開始工作呢?
Man: Our secretaries leave next Friday - the 23rd. So we’d like your people for the 26th - if that’s possible.
男:我們的秘書下星期五,也就是23號離職。因此如果可能的話,我們希望26號能到崗。
Woman: It should be. And how long are the jobs for?
女:的確應該這樣,工作時間是多久?
Man: At least 8 weeks. It may become as long as 12 but we’d only decide that 2 or 3 weeks after they’d started.
男:至少8個星期。可能會延長到12個星期,但我們只有在他們入職兩三個星期后才能決定。
Woman: It’s 40 hours a week?
女:一星期工作40個小時嗎?
Man: Yes. We normally pay £6.50 per hour to our permanent staff. What will you charge us?
男:是的。我們正式員工的薪水通常是每小時6.50英鎊。貴公司怎么收費??
Woman: For experienced secretaries it’s £9.50 per hour.
女:有經驗的秘書每小時9.50英鎊。
Man: Right well we’d obviously need experienced staff.
男:我們當然是需要有經驗的。
Woman: Fine. Can I ring you back later?
女:好的,我晚點再打給您好嗎?
Man: Yes, the number's 6 3 double 0 9 7 and my extension is 218.
男:好的,我的號碼是6 3 0 0 9 7,分機號碼是218。
Woman: Oh, one more thing. Where are the company offices?
女:哦,還有一件事。貴公司的辦公室在哪里?
Man: Central Business Park - on Broad Street.
男:在布勞得大街的中央商業公園。
Woman: Thank you.
女:謝謝。