Interviewer: Designer Sandwiches are the perfect choice, then ... if you’re living in Leeds!
采訪者:如果你住在利茲的話,“設計師三明治”是最好的選擇!
Now Geraldine, how did you start your own business?
杰拉爾丁,你是怎么開始自己的生意的?
Geraldine Holmes: Well, it was by accident, really.
杰拉爾丁·福爾摩斯:這是一個偶然,真的。
I planned to train as a journalist, but I got an office job to earn some money first.
我原計劃接受記者培訓,但我先找了份辦公室工作來賺錢。
There were no places to buy a cheap snack near where I worked.
在我工作的地方附近,沒有地方買到便宜的小吃。
My colleagues used to complain about this.
我的同事常常抱怨這件事。
So I thought there's an excellent idea here and I made a start immediately.
所以我覺得這是一個好主意,我馬上就開始了。
Interviewer: And how did you finance the business when you started?
采訪者:你剛開始的時候是如何為公司融資的?
Geraldine Holmes: Well, you have to understand that I began in a very small way!
杰拉爾丁·福爾摩斯:嗯......你要知道,我一開始規模很小!
So I really didn’t need a loan from the bank.
所以我真的不需要銀行貸款。
I used to fill a basket with about forty sandwiches, sell them in local offices, and, when the basket was empty, make some more.
我過去常常在一個籃子里裝滿大約四十個三明治,在當地的辦公室里出售,籃子空了時,就再做一些。
The little money I’d saved bought the first ingredients, and after that, I always had cash coming in, so there was no need for my parents to help either.
我存下一點錢,買了第一批原料,之后,就總是有現金流入,所以也不需要我父母的幫助了。
Interviewer: Very low risk! Was it difficult to develop the business though?
采訪者:風險很低!但經營這項業務是否困難?