Man: Let's start with head office, shall we? Or one of the regions?
男:我們是從總公司開始嗎?還是從其中一個地區開始?
Woman: Well, we've got to start somewhere. How about the south-western branch office?
女:嗯,我們得從某個地方開始,西南分公司怎么樣?
Man: Uh-huh. And then spread to everywhere else later.
男:嗯,然后再散播到其他地方。
Woman: Right. Now, how are they going to get their suggestions to us?
女:對。那他們如何向我們提出建議?
Man: However they want.
男:他們想用什么方法都行。
Woman: What, even by phone?
女:什么,甚至是打電話嗎?
Man: Oh, I see what you mean, could be pretty disruptive -
男:哦,我明白你的意思了,這樣可能會很混亂,
Woman: If we get a lot... or memos -
女:如果我們接到很多電話或備忘錄呢,
Man: Would be good. They're simple, direct... in a box, maybe, in Reception -
男:那就好了。它們既簡單又直接,放在一個盒子里,可以擱在接待處,
Woman: But then we'd be putting off any people who don't go in there -
女:不去接待處的人就沒法提建議了,
Man: True. OK, they can send them to us then. Well, I hope this is going to work!
男:對。他們可以把建議寄給我們。好吧,我希望這能奏效!
Woman: Bound to. It's not a question of whether it works, but how well!
女:一定會的。問題不在于它是否有效,而在于效果如何!
We'll need to evaluate it,of course, for the board. They'll want to know how much money we think we're saving.
當然,我們需要為董事會進行評估。他們會想知道我們能省多少錢。
Man: But I don't think we'll know that exactly for some time yet.
男:但我想我們還不能完全確定。
Woman: The same's true for quality issues, too.
女:質量問題也一樣。
Man: Hmm. We could just give an initial report on how many ideas we receive in the first month, or something like that.
男:嗯。我們可以先報告第一個月收到了多少意見,或類似的內容。
Woman: That's the most realistic aim, and it should be enough to start with.
女:這是最現實的目標,應該可以開始了。