Woman:It doesn't matter how much you spend, that's the important thing.
女:不管花多少錢,這一點至關重要。
Woman: I agree - the crucial things are good design and a strictly limited amount of relevant information.
女:我同意,關鍵是要有好的設計和嚴格限制的相關信息。
Man: And these days we all have so many numbers! Office number, home phone, fax, email …
男:現在,我們都有好多號碼!辦公室號碼、家庭電話、傳真、電子郵件等等。
Woman: Home phone?
女:家庭電話?
Man: Yes, really, some people do -
男:是的,有些人真的會寫-
Woman: I'd just go for the fax -
女:我會寫上傳真-
Man: - as long as it's direct.
男人:-只要是直撥的就行。
And job titles is another tricky one.
工作頭銜是另一個棘手的問題。
Some people love them, others just want to know what qualifications you have.
有些人狂愛頭銜,有些人則只想知道你的資歷。
It depends on who you're dealing with.
這取決于你和誰打交道。
Woman: Don't forget, too, that they mean different things in different places.
女:還要記得,它們在不同的地方意味著不同的東西。
Even a title like Vice President can mean someone very senior in one country -
即使是像副總裁這樣的頭銜,也可能在某個國家是指資歷深厚的人-
Man: - and nothing very special in another, so they can lead to confusion.
男:-而在另一個國家卻沒什么特別之處,所以頭銜會導致混亂。
Woman: Right. Now everyone seems to be using mobile phones - any points you'd like to make about them?
女:沒錯。現在每個人似乎都用手機,關于手機有什么要談的嗎?
Woman: Oh yes, Sarah - you need to choose your phone very carefully.
女:哦,是的,莎拉,你得非常小心地選擇手機。
People are usually obsessed about all the wrong things -
人們通常總是關注不到正確的點-
Man: - colour, weight, how long the battery's going to last, has it got a nice case...
男:顏色、重量、電池續航時間、漂亮的外殼......
Woman: - when what they should be looking at is the service offered.
女:-他們應該考慮的是提供的服務。
For example, how easily and cheaply can you retrieve your calls, get your messages -
例如,是否能輕松且便宜地檢索呼叫號碼、收到消息-
Man: - because that can make all the difference.
男:-因為那會讓一切變得完全不同。