Man: Oof! I'm exhausted!
男:哎呦!太累了!
Woman: Me too! It's so tiring,isn't it Kevin?
女:我也是!太累了,不是嗎凱文?
Man: Yeah, concentrating for that long.
男:是啊,注意力集中了這么久。
Woman: Well, we still have to decide who to choose for the job.
女:我們還得決定選誰來做這個工作。
Man: While it's still fresh in our minds.
男:當這些人在我們頭腦中依然鮮活的時候。
Woman: It's such a responsibility, isn't it? I mean, even just remembering who's who, after seeing so many.
女:責任很重大啊,不是嗎?我是說,在見過這么多面試者以后,僅僅記住誰是誰也不容易啊。
Man: Twelve in a day is a lot. But I can still picture them, what with their application form and CVs with the photos to remind us.
男:一天面試12個人挺多的。但是在申請表和簡歷上的照片的提醒下,我還能想象他們的樣子。
The real problem for me is I feel I end up comparing them to each other.
對我來說,真正的問題是,我最終會對他們進行比較。
Woman: Well, that's only natural.
女:這是很正常的事情。
Man: Yes, but we should be relating them to the criteria we've established,
男:是啊,但是我們應該把他們和我們建立的標準聯系起來,
I mean keeping to that system of judging their suitability, and not letting our personal opinions get in the way.
我的意思是要遵循那個判斷他們是否合適的系統,不要讓我們的個人意見成為障礙。
Woman: Mmm, nor just saying oh, he was better than him.
女:嗯,也不能隨便地表示,這位面試者比那位面試者好。
Man: Yes. Well, by any measurement I thought Michael White was hopeless.
男:是的。我認為,不論用什么標準來衡量,我都覺得邁克爾·懷特毫無希望。
Woman: Oh quite. Though he was eager to please.
女:確實。盡管他很想取悅別人。
Man: And he did say some intelligent things.
男:他確實說了一些聰明的話。
Woman: But you just can't trust someone who's not held down the same position for more than a year.
女:但是,你不能信任一個沒有在同一崗位上工作超過一年的人。
Man: At the most! No, absolutely, despite his list of qualifications, definitely not.
男:最多一年!不會的,盡管他有很多資格證書,我們肯定不會錄用他的。
Woman: No. That's why I think the test...
女:不會的。這就是為什么我覺得測驗...
Man: The personality profile?
男:性格測試?
Woman: Mm, the psychology one, is so helpful. It shows up that kind of thing.
女:嗯,那個心理測試很有幫助。它會顯示出那些情況。
Man: The attitudes to management structures?
男:對管理結構的態度?
Woman: Well, I was thinking more of how it highlights attitudes, shows the reactions to the dynamics of operating in groups.
女:我想的更多的是它是如何強調態度的,它顯示出候選者對團體動力學的反應。
Man: I have to say I'm more convinced by the case study.
男:我不得不說我更相信案例研究。
Woman: Because it shows the candidates in real life situations?
女:因為它顯示了候選人在現實情境中的情況?
Man: Hmm, I was thinking of the insights it gives you into what they think is most important, the values they attach to things.
男:我想的是,研究會讓你了解,候選人覺得什么是最重要的事情,他們對事物的價值觀。
Woman: Because they've got time to work it through logically.
女:因為他們有時間在邏輯上解決問題。