Man: Yes, and I think it's vital...
男:是的,我覺得這很重要...
Woman: ...given what the job involves.
女:...考慮到這份工作涉及到的內容。
What's crucial for the position is the way he or she, whoever it is, is going to handle applying developments from Head Office, new approaches...
對這個職位來說,不管求職者是男是女,最重要的是他或她將如何處理來自總部的應用開發、新方法...
Man: ... significant alterations in direction ".
男:...方向上的重大變化。
Woman: ... of strategy... that are going to define, shape how the company develops over the next few years.
女:還有戰略,它將決定公司未來幾年的發展。
Because the IT department will take responsibility for the technology side of things.
因為信息技術部門要為技術方面的東西負責。
Man: But it's a question of following one project through all its stages, isn't it?
男:但是這是一個參與一個項目所有階段的問題,不是嗎?
Woman: Yes. I do wish David ...
女:是的。我真的希望大衛...
Man: Which David?
男:那個大衛?
Woman: David James, Development.
女:開發部的大衛·詹姆斯。
Man: Now, he's a good manager.
男:現在,他是一個好的經理。
Woman: Yes, and that's why we should have had him here.
女:是的,這就是我們為什么讓他來這里的原因。
Man: Absolutely. He's so good at interviewing.
男:確實。他很擅長面試。
Woman: I've never seen him conducting one, actually.
女:事實上我從沒見過他面試求職者。
Man: But he wouldn't have much direct contact with the new person.
男:但是,他和新人沒有很多直接的聯系。
Woman: No, but he did come up with the specifications for the post.
女:沒有,但是他確實提出了這個職位的具體要求。
Man: Yeah, and so his input would have been useful.
男:是啊,所以他的參與會對面試很有幫助。
Woman: Right. Anyway, he wasn't, so it's up to us. Personally, I'd go for Elaine Harris.
女:對。不管怎樣,他沒有參加面試,所以現在就靠我們了。就我個人而言,我會選伊萊恩·哈里斯。
Man: Me too. Though her track record's a little short.
男:我也是,盡管她過去的成就有一些少。
Woman: True, and she does lack some of the wider knowledge I'd like to have seen.
女:是的。而且她也缺少我想看到的更廣的知識面。
Man: But she's clearly a quick learner.
男:但是她明顯學東西很快。
Woman: That's the thing, isn't it? Her approach just seems right.
女:這就是選她的原因,不是嗎?她的方法似乎就是對的。
Man: Very can-do.
男:非常樂觀進取。
Woman: Mmm.
女:嗯。
Man: So that's it?
男:所以人選就是她了?
Woman: Yeah, and I'm stressed out!
女:對,我壓力很大!
Man: Well, if we've got it wrong, imagine what it would cost in the end.
男:如果我們做了錯誤的選擇,想想最終我們會付出什么代價吧。
Woman: Well, that's life. But I just find it so hard, that process of holding all the various factors in my head simultaneously, balancing.
女:這就是生活。但是我發現同時把所有的因素都記在腦子里、保持平衡太難了。
Man: Yeah.
男:是的。
Woman: Fitting it all together in my mind.
女:在我的腦海里把這一切合在一起。
Man: Well, I'll send David an email tomorrow morning. I'm in early, so I can do it first thing. And then, assuming he is in agreement...
男:明天早上我會給大衛發一封郵件。我來的早,所以我可以首先做這件事情。然后假設他同意這個人選...