Woman: As you know, the main supplier of our components announced suddenly last month that they were closing down shortly,
如你所知,我們的主要零件供應商上個月突然宣布,他們公司不久后就會關閉。
leaving us in a very difficult situation.
這讓我們進入了一個很困難的處境。
I shortlisted four potential replacement suppliers, and have visited them all.
我篩選后列出了四個潛在的替代供應商,并一一拜訪了他們。
I'll report on each, though I've only found one company that meets our needs entirely.
我會一一匯報這幾個公司,但是我只發現了一家完全滿足我們需求的公司。
Initially, I was optimistic about the first company I saw.
起初,我對第一家公司感到很樂觀。
I was given an enthusiastic welcome and generous hospitality by the MD,
我受到了他們公司總經理的熱烈歡迎和慷慨款待,
but when he took me on a tour of the factory, I began to have a few doubts about his commercial expertise.
但是當他帶我參觀他們的工廠時,我開始對他們的商業技能產生一些疑慮。
The factory is enormous -a converted aircraft shed, I think, almost too big to be practical.
工廠非常大-我覺得是一個改裝的飛機庫,太大了,不實用。
There is certainly enough machinery to produce the quantities we need, and that, of course, is vital.
當然,那里有足夠的機器,能生產我們需要的產品數量,這當然是至關重要的。
However, I had one main concern. The company has recently invested heavily in state-of-the-art production equipment
但是,我有一個主要的擔憂。該公司最近在最先進的生產設備上投入巨資,
and in a comprehensive training programme for machine operators.
而且為機器操作員提供全面的培訓課程。
But I was surprised to see that half the factory wasn't in use because several important customers had cancelled orders.
但是,讓我感到驚訝的是,有半個工廠沒有在運作,因為幾個重要的客戶已取消了訂單。
I was reassured that orders are dispatched quickly, and delivery times are impressive,
他們的訂單很快就會發貨,配送時間讓人印象深刻,
and distribution isn't a problem - but I'd need to inspect their products more closely to see if the quality's what we require.
配送不成問題,這讓我很放心-但是我需要更進一步地檢查他們的產品,以判斷質量是否符合我們的要求。