Jane:In my company, we 're having problems dealing with complaints.
我們公司在處理投訴遇到了困難。
Would you recommend a computerised system?
你能推薦一個計算機化的系統嗎?
Mark:A few years ago, I worked with an energy company on this problem.
幾年前,我和一家能源公司合作解決投訴問題。
They had computerised their complaints processing because they were receiving so many complaints.
他們用電腦處理投訴,因為他們收到了很多投訴。
But the staff who had to input the data had not had enough help with using computers, so the process was not working well at all.
但是輸入數據的工作人員在使用計算機方面沒有得到足夠的幫助,所以解決過程一點也不順利。
Jane:So what would you recommend to managers?
那么,你會向經理們推薦什么呢?
Mark:I would say to managers from that example that a computer system in itself will not deal with your problems.
從這個例子中,我想對經理們說,計算機系統本身并不能解決你們的問題。
do not just tell your staff to do things, listen to what they have to say about what they need
不要只是告訴你的員工去做事,聽他們說需要什么,
Woman:And the next question,
下一個問題,
Bill?
比爾?
Bill:My company's worried about our high staff turnover.
我們公司擔心員工流失率高。
Can you give me some advice?
你能給些建議嗎?
Mark:I 've recently been working with a car repair company who go out to people's cars,
我最近和一家汽車修理公司合作,這家公司出去修理汽車。
rather than customers bringing their cars to them.
而不是顧客把車交給他們修。
But they were having problems with their mechanics.
但是他們的技術有問題。
The managers were sending out a newsletter every month full of future plans and aims, but very few of the workers were actually reading it.
經理們每月都發一份簡報,里面全是未來的計劃和目標,但很少有員工真正讀過。
When I talked to the workers, I found what they really needed was to be appreciated for what they did, to feel that management took an interest.
當我和員工們交談時,我發現員工真正需要的是得到賞識,讓他們覺得管理層感興趣。
So, I helped the company to bring management and workers closer together, to understand each other better.
因此,我幫助公司拉近了管理人員和員工之間的距離,更好地了解彼此。