Woman:I 'm very glad to introduce Mark Finch.
我很高興向大家介紹馬克·芬奇。
I 'm sure you 've all been looking forward to meeting such a well respected consultant.
我相信你們都盼望見到這樣一位受人尊敬的顧問。
Before we take some other questions, could I begin by asking you what general advice you would give to people planning to start a new business?
在回答其它問題之前,我想先問一下,您對計劃創業的人有什么一般性的建議?
Mark:Business is about three things.
商業就是三件事。
The first thing is people.
首先是人。
You need to make sure that you 're going to work with people who 've got the right attitude.
你需要確保你要和那些態度正確的人一起工作。
Commitment outweighs paper qualifications.
承諾重于文憑。
The second thing is money.
第二件事是錢。
You can read a lot of books about exactly how much capital you need to get you through the first couple of years, and so on,
你可以從很多書中了解到前幾年到底需要多少資本,等等,
but how much that matters depends on which particular kind of business you 're going into.
但其重要性取決于你要從事的是哪一種特定的業務。
The third thing is time.
第三件事是時間。
Nothing is more vital than taking time to plan properly.
沒有什么比花時間做好計劃更重要的了。
Check out your idea with friends and contacts, look at your local competitors, study costs and prices.
告訴朋友和聯系人你的想法,看看你在當地的競爭對手,學習費用和價格。
That's the most useful thing you can do.
這是你能做的最有用的事情。
Woman:I see.
我明白了。
Now, a lot of people worry about the dangers of business.
如今,許多人擔心商業危險。
Mark:Business is not a safe world; it's full of risks.
商業不是一個避風港,它充滿了風險。
It's always going to be a gamble.
一直以來,它就像是一場賭博。
You must be prepared to work long hours and to keep doing that until the business becomes successful,
你必須準備工作好長時間,并一直做下去,直至生意成功。
however long that might happen to take.
不管需要多長時間。
Even then you can not relax as, especially if you 're providing a service, you have to deal with the often very quick fluctuations in the market.
即使生意成功了,你也不能放松,尤其是當你在提供服務時,你必須應對市場上經常出現的快速波動。
Woman:Thank you.
謝謝你。
Now let's take a question from the audience.
現在讓我們回答觀眾的一個問題。
Jane?
簡?