Woman:Can we talk also about the factory workers, pay?
我們能談談工廠工人的工資嗎?
As you know, it's quite unusual for companies to pay staff every week now, and it makes more work for the finance department.
如你所知,現在公司員工工資周結,這使得財務部的工作更加繁重。
So, that's why we want to give them their wages every two weeks.
這就是為什么我們想每兩周發工資的原因。
We hope it's not a problem.
我們希望這不是問題。
I mean, it's not like the office staff they're only paid once a month.
我的意思是,這和辦公室員工工資月結不同。
Man:Well, I read the memo about it and I've spoken to a lot of the factory workers.
我讀了備注,和很多工廠工人談過。
I thought they'd complain very strongly, but in fact they're very positive about this proposal.
我原以為他們會有很強烈的抱怨情緒,但實際上他們對這個提議非常積極。
Woman:That's good to hear. We certainly have no plans to change the method of payment, just how often we pay them.
這是個好消息。我們的支付方式沒有改變,變的是支付頻率。
Man:I've also spoken to staff about the Managing Director's proposal to provide some extra facilities for company workers.
我還和員工們談到了總經理為公司員工提供額外設施的建議。
A sports centre was mentioned quite a lot, you know, squash courts, gymnasium, that kind of thing.
體育中心,比如壁球場,體育館等等提的最多。
Woman:So they want to keep fit at lunchtimes!
所以他們想在午餐時間鍛煉!
Man:Not really. In fact, most people just want to relax at lunchtimes.
不完全是。事實上,大多數人只是想在午餐時間放松一下。
No, they were thinking they could use it on Saturdays and Sundays with their families.
不,他們想周六和周日可以和家人一起使用。
Woman:Mm, yes. Although the MD isn't keen on a sports centre.
嗯,是的。盡管總經理不喜歡體育中心。
Man:Was he thinking of something cheaper?
他在想買便宜點的嗎?