Seventeen
十七
Woman: Has this happened to you?
你遇到過這種事嗎?
You've paid a small fortune to have a kitchen installed.
你花了一大筆錢安裝廚房。
The fitters have gone, you switch on the dishwasher, and the next thing you know, the kitchen's flooded.
裝配工離開,你打開洗碗機,接著廚房被淹了。
Our award-winning company has a twenty-four hour phone service,
我們這家獲獎公司提供24小時
seven days a week, with a reply guaranteed (by real people) within three minutes.
1周7天的電話服務,三分鐘內就會得到人工回復。
And if it's an emergency with one of their appliances, an engineer is out to you on the same day.
如果他們的某個設備出現緊急情況,當天就會有工程師上門服務。
Service like this is rare these days.
這樣的服務現在很少見。
Eighteen
十八
Woman: My feeling is that we should leave aside VSB's offer.
我感覺我們應該把VSB的提議擱置一邊。
It's obviously very competitive - way below the others.
雖然很明顯,它很有競爭力——遠低于其它國家。
But how do we know they'd complete the project on time and to the required standard?
但是我們怎么知道他們會按時完成項目并且質量達標呢?
They're a small company. Would they have the skilled labour or equipment?
他們是一家小公司,會有熟練工人或設備嗎?
We could request references from former customers, I suppose.
我想,我們可以讓之前的客戶給我們推薦一下。
That'd mean putting off the decision and personally I have very little confidence in recommendations - they're easily 'manufactured'.
這意味著先不做決定,而且就我個人而言,我對推薦幾乎沒有信心——有很大的人為因素在里面。
Let's look at the other companies.
我們再看看其他公司吧。