“I would, my lord.”
“謝謝您,大人。”
“Then you’ll have it.
“那好吧,我滿足您的愿望。
But clothed.
不過,
She’s a modest girl, and a maid.
現在的她可是穿著整齊喲,害羞的小姑娘,
You won’t see her naked till the bedding.”
同床之前,您是看不到她身子的,”
Lord Walder cackled.
瓦德大人咯咯笑道,
“Heh. Soon enough, soon enough.”
“嘿,快了,快了,”
He craned his head about.
他顫巍巍地抬起頭,
“Benfrey, go fetch your sister.
“本佛雷,去把你妹妹找來,
Be quick about it, Lord Tully’s come all the way from Riverrun.”
快點,徒利大人好不容易才從奔流城趕來哩。”
A young knight in a quartered surcoat bowed and took his leave, and the old man turned back to Robb.
一個穿著四分紋章外套的年輕騎士一鞠躬,離開了大廳,老人又重新轉向羅柏。
“And where’s your bride, Your Grace?
“陛下,您的新娘又在哪兒呢?
The fair Queen Jeyne.
咱們美麗的簡妮王后,
A Westerling of the Crag, I’m told, heh.”
峭巖城維斯特林家族的貴婦,我可是久仰大名哩,嘿。”
“I left her at Riverrun, my lord.
“我把她留在奔流城,大人,
She was too weary for more travel, as we told Ser Ryman.”
她實在太疲倦,無法作長途旅行,之前我們已跟萊曼爵士解釋過了。”
“That makes me grievous sad.
“太令人遺憾了。
I wanted to behold her with mine own weak eyes.
我一直盼著用這雙老眼睛來欣賞她的容顏哩。
We all did, heh.
嘿,我們大家都期盼著。
Isn’t that so, my lady?”
對不對啊,夫人?”
Pale wispy Lady Frey seemed startled that she would be called upon to speak.
蒼白瘦弱的佛雷夫人顯然吃了一驚,沒料到佛雷大人要她答話,
“Y-yes, my lord.
“對——對對,大人。
We all so wanted to pay homage to Queen Jeyne.
我們都等著向簡妮王后致敬呢。
She must be fair to look on.”
她一定非常美麗。”
“She is most fair, my lady.”
“她是世上最美的女人,夫人。”
There was an icy stillness in Robb’s voice that reminded Catelyn of his father.
羅柏語調中那種冰冷的沉靜讓凱特琳想起了他父親。
The old man either did not hear it or refused to pay it any heed.
老人對此卻渾不在乎,仿佛根本沒注意,
“Fairer than my own get, heh?
“比我的夫人還美,嘿?
Elsewise how could her face and form have made the King’s Grace forget his solemn promise.”
當然啰,若不是她有天仙般的身段和容貌,國王陛下怎能遺忘自己神圣的承諾呢?”
Robb suffered the rebuke with dignity.
羅柏莊嚴地承受了對方的責難,
“No words can set that right, I know,
“我明白,沒有語言可以撫平所造成的傷害,
but I have come to make my apologies for the wrong I did your House, and to beg for your forgiveness, my lord.”
但我此次的確是誠心前來,要為冒犯你們家族的事道歉,并懇求你的原諒,大人。”
“Apologies, heh.
“道歉,嘿,
Yes, you vowed to make one, I recall.
不錯,記得您許下了承諾。
I’m old, but I don’t forget such things.
我人雖老,腦袋卻清楚得很,
Not like some kings, it seems.
不像某些國王那么健忘哩。
The young remember nothing when they see a pretty face and a nice firm pair of teats, isn’t that so?
年輕人嘛,看到一張俏臉、一對硬乳頭就昏了頭,不是么?
I was the same.
想當年我也一樣。
Some might say I still am, heh heh.
嘿,嘿,如今也沒變哩。
They’d be wrong, though, wrong as you were.
我也做過風流事,和您差不多。
But now you’re here to make amends.
喏,今天您來道歉,
It was my girls you spurned, though.
依我之見,既然您虧待的是我女兒,
Mayhaps it’s them should hear you beg for pardon, Your Grace.
那么您應該對她們說,陛下,
My maiden girls.
您應該向我家閨女們道歉。
Here, have a look at them.”
來,來瞧瞧她們。”
When he waggled his fingers, a flurry of femininity left their places by the walls to line up beneath the dais.
他搖搖指頭,一大群婦女立刻離開人叢,走到高臺前站成一排。
Jinglebell started to rise as well, his bells ringing merrily, but Lady Frey grabbed the lackwit’s sleeve and tugged him back down.
鈴鐺響也站起來,頭上的銅鈴歡快地響成一片,佛雷夫人忙捉住這癡呆的袖子,將他拉回來。
Lord Walder named the names.
瓦德大人一一引見女眷。
“My daughter Arwyn,”
“這位是我女兒艾雯,”
he said of a girl of fourteen.
他首先介紹一名十四歲的少女,
“Shirei, my youngest trueborn daughter.
“這位是希琳,我最小的嫡生女。
Ami and Marianne are granddaughters.
這兩位阿蕊麗和瑪蕊蓮是我的孫女和曾孫女。
I married Ami to Ser Pate of Sevenstreams, but the Mountain killed the oaf so I got her back.
我將阿蕊麗嫁給藍叉河源頭七泉地方的佩特爵士,這呆子卻教魔山給宰了,所以我把孫女要了回來。
That’s a Cersei, but we call her Little Bee, her mother’s a Beesbury.
那一位叫瑟曦,但我們都稱她為‘小蜜蜂’,她母親是畢斯柏里家的人。
More granddaughters.
哦,這幾位都是我的孫女。
One’s a Walda, and the others …
這位叫瓦妲,這位……
well, they have names, whatever they are …”
呃,她們都有名字,可是……”
“I’m Merry, Lord Grandfather,” one girl said.
“我是美蕊,祖父大人。”一個小女孩說。
“You’re noisy, that’s for certain.
“你吵死了,真討厭。
Next to Noisy is my daughter Tyta.
在吵鬧小姐旁邊的是我女兒坦雅,
Then another Walda.
接著是另一位瓦妲。
Alyx, Marissa … are you Marissa?
艾茜,瑪瑞莎……你是瑪瑞莎嗎?
I thought you were.
我想是的。
She’s not always bald.
陛下,她并不總是禿頭,
The maester shaved her hair off, but he swears it will soon grow back.
頭發剛給學士剃過,她向我保證很快就能長回來。
The twins are Serra and Sarra.”
這對雙胞胎名叫西拉和撒拉。”
He squinted down at one of the younger girls.
他瞇眼瞧瞧另一位小女孩,
“Heh, are you another Walda?”
“嘿,你也叫瓦妲嗎?”