“Prendahl and Sallor would tell you so, if dead men could talk.
“倘若死人可以說話,普蘭達和薩洛會親口告訴您我的能量。
I count no day as lived unless I have loved a woman, slain a foeman, and eaten a fine meal …
沒有愛過一個女人,沒有殺死一名對手,沒有吃上一頓精美的大餐,我便不算是活過一天……
and the days that I have lived are as numberless as the stars in the sky.
而我活過的天數若群星一樣數不勝數。
I make of slaughter a thing of beauty,
殺戮在我手中變成華麗的藝術,
and many a tumbler and fire dancer has wept to the gods that they might be half so quick,
世上許許多多的雜耍藝人和火舞者向諸神哭泣,但求有我一半的敏捷和
a quarter so graceful.
四分之一的優雅。
I would tell you the names of all the men I have slain,
我樂意向您背誦死于我刀下之人的名單,
but before I could finish your dragons would grow large as castles,
但不等我說完,您的龍就會長得如城堡般巨大,
the walls of Yunkai would crumble into yellow dust, and winter would come and go and come again.”
淵凱的墻壘則會崩裂成黃色塵土,冬季來了又去,去而復返。”
Dany laughed.
丹妮哈哈大笑,
She liked the swagger she saw in this Daario Naharis.
她喜歡這個達里奧·納哈里斯的夸夸其談。
“Draw your sword and swear it to my service.”
“那么,請拔出你的劍,宣誓為我效勞。”
In a blink, Daario’s arakh was free of its sheath.
眨眼工夫,達里奧的亞拉克彎刀已然出鞘,
His submission was as outrageous as the rest of him, a great swoop that brought his face down to her toes.
其降順禮節同樣夸張,他猛撲而下,臉貼她的腳趾。
“My sword is yours.
“我的寶劍是您的。
My life is yours.
我的生命是您的。
My love is yours.
我的愛情是您的。
My blood, my body, my songs, you own them all.
我的血液、我的身軀和我的歌謠,統統都是您的。
I live and die at your command, fair queen.”
無論生死,我都愿遵從您的命令,美麗的女王。”
“Then live,” Dany said, “and fight for me tonight.”
“好好活下去,”丹妮說,“今晚為我而戰。”
“That would not be wise, my queen.”
“這不明智,女王陛下。”
Ser Jorah gave Daario a cold, hard stare.
喬拉爵士冰冷嚴苛地瞪著達里奧,
“Keep this one here under guard until the battle’s fought and won.”
“戰斗勝利之前,該把這家伙緊緊看守住。”
She considered a moment, then shook her head.
她考慮了一會兒,搖搖頭。
“If he can give us the Stormcrows, surprise is certain.”
“若他可以帶給我們暴鴉團,定能讓敵軍大吃一驚。”
“And if he betrays you, surprise is lost.”
“若他背叛您,吃驚的就是我們!”
Dany looked down at the sellsword again.
丹妮再次低頭看那傭兵。
He gave her such a smile that she flushed and turned away.
他給她一個微笑——是那種讓她漲紅了臉,扭過頭去的微笑。
“He won’t.”
“他不會的。”
“How can you know that?”
“你怎知道?”
She pointed to the lumps of blackened flesh the dragons were consuming, bite by bloody bite.
她指指那團焦黑的血肉,她的龍正一口接一口地吞食。
“I would call that proof of his sincerity.
“我認為這是證據,足以證明他的誠意。
Daario Naharis, have your Stormcrows ready to strike the Yunkish rear when my attack begins.
達里奧·納哈里斯,讓你的風暴烏鴉們作好準備,我軍發動進攻之后,立刻掩襲淵凱人后方。
Can you get back safely?”
你能安全返回嗎?”
“If they stop me, I will say I have been scouting, and saw nothing.”
“若被逮住,我就說是去探察情報的,并且沒發現什么。”
The Tyroshi rose to his feet, bowed, and swept out.
泰洛西人站起身來,鞠了一躬,然后迅速離開。
Ser Jorah Mormont lingered.
喬拉·莫爾蒙爵士沒走。
“Your Grace,” he said, too bluntly,
“陛下,”他直截了當地說,
“that was a mistake.
“這是個錯誤。
We know nothing of this man—”
我們對此人一無所知——”
“We know that he is a great fighter.”
“我們知道他是個厲害的戰士。”
“A great talker, you mean.”
“厲害的空談家。”
“He brings us the Stormcrows.”
“他給我們帶來了暴鴉團。”
And he has blue eyes.
噢,他的藍眼睛……
“Five hundred sellswords of uncertain loyalty.”
“五百名忠誠堪虞的傭兵。”
“All loyalties are uncertain in such times as these,” Dany reminded him.
“如今是非常時期,不能苛求絕對忠誠,”丹妮提醒他。
And I shall be betrayed twice more, once for gold and once for love.
況且我還要經歷兩次背叛,一次為財,一次為愛。
“Daenerys, I am thrice your age,” Ser Jorah said.
“丹妮莉絲,我年紀是你的三倍,”喬拉爵士續道,
“I have seen how false men are.
“見識過虛偽的人心,
Very few are worthy of trust, and Daario Naharis is not one of them.
值得信賴的人少之又少,反正達里奧·納哈里斯絕不會是其中之一。
Even his beard wears false colors.”
你瞧,他連胡子都染了假色。”
That angered her.
這話惹惱了她。
“Whilst you have an honest beard, is that what you are telling me?
“而你的胡子是真的,想說這個嗎?
You are the only man I should ever trust?”
只有你才是我唯一應該信賴的人?”
He stiffened.
他僵硬起來。
“I did not say that.”
“我沒這么說。”
“You say it every day.
“你每天都在說。
Pyat Pree’s a liar, Xaro’s a schemer, Belwas a braggart, Arstan an assassin …
俳雅·菩厲是個騙子,札羅是個陰謀家,貝沃斯自吹自擂,阿斯坦包藏禍心……
do you think I’m still some virgin girl, that I cannot hear the words behind the words?”
你當我還是黃花閨女,聽不出你話里有話?”
“Your Grace—”
“陛下——”
She bulled over him.
她從他面前闖過去。
“You have been a better friend to me than any I have known, a better brother than Viserys ever was.
“你是我最好的朋友,比韋賽里斯更好的兄長。
You are the first of my Queensguard, the commander of my army, my most valued counselor, my good right hand.
你是我的首席女王鐵衛,我軍隊的總司令,我最有價值的顧問,我的左右手。
I honor and respect and cherish you—but I do not desire you, Jorah Mormont,
我尊敬你,珍惜你——但對你沒有向往,喬拉·莫爾蒙,
and I am weary of your trying to push every other man in the world away from me,
我厭倦了你試圖將世上所有男人從我身邊趕開的舉動,
so I must needs rely on you and you alone.
好讓我必須并且只能依靠你一人。
It will not serve, and it will not make me love you any better.”
這沒用,不會讓我更愛你,”