"in a year I shall be in Westeros," said Dany when she had heard the translation.
“一年后我就在維斯特洛了,”丹妮聽完翻譯后說,
"My need is now The Unsullied are well trained, but even so, many will fall in battle.
“我現在就要,全部都要。無垢者固然訓練有素,即使如此,戰斗仍會有傷亡。
I shall need the boys as replacements to take up the swords they drop."
我需要那些男孩作為替補,隨時準備取代他們的位置。”
She put her wine aside and leaned toward the slave girl.
她把酒放到一邊,俯身靠近奴隸女孩。
"Tell the Good Masters that I will want even the little ones who still have their puppies.
“告訴善主大人們,我連那些還養著小狗的小家伙們也要;
Tell them that I will pay as much for the boy they cut yesterday as for an Unsullied in a spiked helm."
告訴他們,我為一個昨天才閹割的男孩付的價跟一個戴尖刺盔的無垢者相同?!?/p>
The girl told them.
女孩把話轉述。
The answer was still no.
回答仍然是不。
Dany frowned in annoyance.
丹妮惱怒地皺眉。
"Very well.
“很好,
Tell them I will pay double, so long as I get them all."
告訴他們我付雙倍價錢,只要能買下全部?!?/p>
"Double?"
“雙倍?”
The fat one in the gold fringe all but drooled.
帶金流蘇的胖商人差點流下口水。
"This little whore is a fool, truly," said Khaznys mo Nakloz.
“這小婊子是個傻瓜,真的,”克拉茲尼·莫·納克羅茲說,
"Ask her for triple, I say.
“照我看,就要三倍價錢,
She is desperate enough to pay.
她拼死也會付的。
Ask for ten times the price of every slave, yes."
對,每個奴隸要十倍的價?!?/p>
The tall Grazdan with the spiked beard spoke in the Common Tongue, though not so well as the slave girl.
留尖胡子的高個格拉茲旦用通用語講話了,盡管不如奴隸女孩說得好。
"Your Grace," he growled,
“陛下,”他翁聲翁氣地道,
"Westeros is being wealthy, yes, but you are not being queen now.
“維斯特洛是個富裕的國度,這點我們很清楚,但您現在并不是女王,
Perhaps will never being queen.
或許永遠也不會成為女王,
Even Unsullied may be losing battles to savage steel knights of Seven Kingdoms.
而即使無垢者也可能在戰斗中輸給七大王國野蠻的鋼鐵騎士。
I am reminding, the Good Masters of Astapor are not selling flesh for promisings.
容我提醒您一句,阿斯塔波的善主大人們不會拿奴隸來交換空口承諾。
Are you having gold and trading goods sufficient to be paying for all these eunuchs you are wanting?"
您想要所有太監,請問有沒有足夠的金錢或貨物呢?”
"You know the answer to that better than I, Good Master," Dany replied.
“你比我更清楚這個問題的答案,善主大人,”丹妮回答,
"Your men have gone through my ships and tallied every bead of amber and jar of saffron.
“你們的人已經仔細查過我的船,記下每一顆瑪瑙、每一罐藏紅花。
How much do I have?"
告訴我,我有多少?”
"Sufficient to be buying one of thousands," the Good Master said, with a contemptuous smile.
“足夠買一千個,”善主大人輕蔑地微笑,
"Yet you are paying double, you are saying.
“然而您說要付雙倍價錢,
Five centuries, then, is all you buy."
那么能買到五百。”
"Your pretty crown might buy another century," said the fat one in Valyrian.
“你那頂漂亮的王冠可以再多換一百,”胖子用瓦雷利亞語說,
"Your crown of the three dragons."
“那頂三頭龍的王冠。”
Dany waited for his words to be translated.
丹妮等他的話被翻譯過來。
"My crown is not for sale."
“我的王冠決不出售。”
When Viserys sold their mother's crown, the last joy had gone from him, leaving only rage.
韋賽里斯賣掉母親的寶冠,從此便沒有歡樂,只余憤恨與暴戾。
"Nor will I enslave my people, nor sell their goods and horses.
“我也決不會奴役我的子民,連他們的貨物和馬匹也不賣。
But my ships you can have.
但你們可以擁有我的船,
The great cog Balerion and the galleys Vhagar and Meraxes."
包括大商船貝勒里恩號、劃槳船瓦格哈爾號和米拉西斯號。”
She had warned Groleo and the other captains it might come to this, though they had protested the necessity of it furiously.
她預先通告過格羅萊和其他船長,也許事情會演變至此,不顧他們激烈地抗議。
"Three good ships should be worth more than a few paltry eunuchs."
“三艘好船應該抵得上不少卑微的太監?!?/p>
The fat Grazdan turned to the others.
肥胖的格拉茲旦轉向其他人。
They conferred in low voices once again.
他們再次輕聲討論。
"Two of the thousands," the one with the spiked beard said when he turned back.
“兩千,”尖胡子的家伙回頭道,
"It is too much, but the Good Masters are being generous and your need is being great."
“這已經太多了,但善主大人們很慷慨,愿意考慮您急迫的需求。”
Two thousand would never serve for what she meant to do.
兩千人不能實行她的計劃。
I must have them all.
我必須全買下來。
Dany knew what she must do now, though the taste of it was so bitter that even the persimmon wine could not cleanse it from her month.
此刻,丹妮明白自己該怎樣做,但那滋味苦澀得連酸柿酒也無法將其沖刷干凈。
She had considered long and hard and found no other way.
她曾努力思考了很久,卻找不到其他辦法。
It is my only choice.
這是我唯一的選擇。
"Give me all," she said, "and you may have a dragon."
“全部都要,”她說,“我給你們一條龍?!?/p>
There was the sound of indrawn breath from Jhiqui beside her.
身邊的姬琪倒抽一口氣。
Kraznys smiled at his fellows.
克拉茲尼朝同伴們微笑,
"Did I not tell you?
“我不是告訴過你們嗎?
Anything, she would give us."
她拼死也會付的?!?/p>
Whitebeard stared in shocked disbelief.
白胡子因震驚而瞪大了眼睛,
His hand trembled where it grasped the staff.
抓拐杖的手在顫抖。
"No."
“不!”
He went to one knee before her.
他沖她單膝跪道,
"Your Grace, I beg you, win your throne with dragons, not slaves.
“陛下,我請求您,用巨龍來贏得王座,而不是靠奴隸。
You must not do this thing --"
您不能這么做——”
"You must not presume to instruct me.
“你不該冒昧地教訓我。
Ser Jorah, remove Whitebeard from my presence."
喬拉爵士,把白胡子帶走?!?/p>
Mormont seized the old man roughly by an elbow, yanked him back to his feet, and marched him out onto the terrace.
莫爾蒙粗暴地抓住老人的胳膊,將他拉起來,押送到外面的平臺上。
"Tell the Good Masters I regret this interruption," said Dany to the slave girl.
“告訴善主大人們,我為這個插曲表示歉意,”丹妮對奴隸女孩說,
"Tell them I await their answer."
“告訴他們,我等待著回答。”
She knew the answer, though;
然而她知道答案;
she could see it in the glitter of their eyes and the smiles they tried so hard to hide.
她可以從他們爍爍放光的眼睛和竭力隱藏的笑容中看出來。
Astapor had thousands of eunuchs, and even more slave boys waiting to be cut,
阿斯塔波有數千名太監,還有更多等待閹割的奴隸男孩,
but there were only three living dragons in all the great wide world.
但諾大的世界就只有三條活龍。