My lords, grant me the men, and I will sort out Lysa Arryn."
大人們,請把軍隊撥給我,我替你們把這位萊莎·艾林趕出山來!”
He could think of nothing he would enjoy more, except perhaps strangling Cersei.
除了扼死瑟曦,他不知還有什么事能比這更令他開心。
Sometimes he still dreamed of the Eyrie's sky cells, and woke drenched in cold sweat.
至今,他仍時常夢見鷹巢城的天牢,冷汗琳漓地醒來。
Mace Tyrell's smile was jovial, but behind it Tyrion sensed contempt.
梅斯·提利爾笑容可掬,但提利昂瞧得出其中的輕蔑。
"Perhaps you'd best leave the fighting to fighters," said the Lord of Highgarden.
“您或許該把打仗的事留給戰士們操心,”高庭公爵說,
"Better men than you have lost great armies in the Mountains of the Moon, or shattered them against the Bloody Gate.
“無數本領高強的將軍尚且在明月山脈或血門前大敗虧輸,何況您呢?
We know your worth, my lord, no need to tempt fate."
啊,我們很清楚您的價值,大人,請稍安勿燥。”
Tyrion pushed off his cushions, bristling, but his father spoke before he could lash back.
提利昂推開墊子,想站起來,但父親在他發作前表了態:
"I have other tasks in mind for Tyrion.
“提利昂我另有安排,
I believe Lord Petyr may hold the key to the Eyrie."
鷹巢城方面,相信培提爾大人有辦法。”
"Oh, I do," said Littleflnger,
“噢,是的,”小指頭道,
"I have it here between my legs."
“辦法就在我兩腿之間。”
There was mischief in his grey-green eyes.
他那雙灰綠眼睛里閃動著淘氣的神色,
"My lords, with your leave, I propose to travel to the Vale and there woo and win Lady Lysa Arryn.
“大人們,只要您們同意,我打算去谷地一游,以贏得萊莎·徒利夫人的青睞。
Once I am her consort, I shall deliver you the Vale of Arryn without a drop of blood being spilled."
等我討她做了老婆,我們就將不留一滴血,而把整個艾林谷收入囊中。”
Lord Rowan looked doubtful.
羅宛伯爵有些懷疑,
"Would Lady Lysa have you?"
“萊莎夫人會接受您嗎?”
"She's had me a few times before, Lord Mathis, and voiced no complaints."
“噢,她接受我很多次了,馬圖斯大人,這點您不用擔心。”
"Bedding," said Cersei, "is not wedding.
“上床,”瑟曦道,“不等于結婚。
Even a cow like Lysa Arryn might be able to grasp the difference."
即便萊莎·艾林這頭母牛也清楚其中的區別。”
"To be sure.
“是的,
It would not have been fitting for a daughter of Riverrun to marry one so far below her."
要奔流城之女嫁給地位低下的小貴族不可能,”
Littlefinger spread his hands.
小指頭將手一攤,
"Now, though… a match between the Lady of the Eyrie and the Lord of Harrenhal is not so unthinkable, is it?"
“但現在嘛…要鷹巢城夫人嫁給赫倫堡公爵就不是那么不可思議了,您說對吧?”
Tyrion noted the look that passed between Paxter Redwyne and Mace Tyrell.
提利昂沒有放過派克斯特·雷德溫與梅斯·提利爾之間交換的眼神。
"It might serve," Lord Rowan said,
“可以一試,”羅宛伯爵道,
"if you are certain that you can keep the woman loyal to the King's Grace."
“但您必須確保此女歸順國王陛下的統治。”
"My lords," pronounced the High Septon,
“大人們,”總主教斷言,
"autumn is upon us, and all men of good heart are weary of war.
“深秋將至,世間的善男信女厭倦了戰爭。
If Lord Baelish can bring the Vale back into the king's peace without more shedding of blood, the gods will surely bless him."
若貝里席大人能不費一兵一卒,便將谷地重歸國王治下,那自是諸神喜悅,上上之策啊。”
"But can he?" asked Lord Redwyne.
“能有這么順利?”雷德溫伯爵反問,
"Jon Arryn's son is Lord of the Eyrie now.
“當今鷹巢城公爵可是瓊恩·艾林的兒子,
The Lord Robert."
勞勃·艾林。”
"Only a boy," said Littleflnger.
“他只是個兔崽子,”小指頭道,
"I will see that he grows to be Joffrey's most loyal subject, and a fast friend to us all."
“我會好好調教,把他養成喬佛里國王陛下最大的崇拜者和我們最忠實的朋友。”
Tyrion studied the slender man with the pointed beard and irreverent grey-green eyes.
提利昂看著這名留著尖胡須、灰綠眼睛里滿溢笑意的瘦小男子。
Lord of Harrenhal an empty honor?
赫倫堡公爵不過是空頭銜?
Bugger that, Father.
算了吧,父親,
Even if he never sets foot in the castle, the title makes this match possible, as he's known all along.
他人還沒進城,已經在用頭銜招搖撞騙啦。狡猾的家伙!
"We have no lack of foes," said Ser Kevan Lannister.
“我們的敵人已經不少,”凱馮·蘭尼斯特爵士道,
"If the Eyrie can be kept out of the war, all to the good.
“若能將鷹巢城收歸旗下,自是萬幸。
I am of a mind to see what Lord Petyr can accomplish."
依我之見,不妨有勞培提爾大人辛苦一趟。”
Ser Kevan was his brother's vanguard in council, Tyrion knew from long experience;
凱馮爵士一直替哥哥打頭陣,提利昂對此心知肚明,
he never had a thought that Lord Tywin had not had first.
他所說的,通常都是泰溫公爵的主意。
It has all been settled beforehand, he concluded, and this discussion's no more than show.
父親決心已下,提利昂心想,御前會議不過是橡皮圖章。
The sheep were bleating their agreement, unaware of how neatly they'd been shorn, so it fell to Tyrion to object.
與會的綿羊們咩咩叫著同意,絲毫沒有覺察出背后的無形之手,反對者的角色只好由他提利昂來擔當。
"How will the crown pay its debts without Lord Petyr?
“咱們的培提爾好大人若是要走,王家財政該怎么辦呢?
He is our wizard of coin, and we have no one to replace him."
總所周知,他是憑空生財的主兒,不可或缺呀。”
Littlefinger smiled.
小指頭哈哈大笑,
"My little friend is too kind.
“我的矮朋友實在太客氣。
All I do is count coppers, as King Robert used to say.
誠如勞勃先王所言,我的工作不過是數銅板,
Any clever tradesman could do as well… and a Lannister, blessed with the golden touch of Casterly Rock, will no doubt far surpass me."
任挑一位聰明商賈都能勝任…何況是沾了凱巖城金光的蘭尼斯特?無疑遠勝于我。”
"A Lannister?" Tyrion had a bad feeling about this.
“蘭尼斯特?”提利昂覺得不對勁。
Lord Tywin's gold-flecked eyes met his son's mismatched ones.
泰溫公爵的金瞳對上兒子大小不一的眼睛,
"You are admirably suited to the task, I believe."
“我相信,你能擔當這個遺缺。”
"Indeed!" Ser Kevan said heartily.
“沒問題!”凱馮爵士熱忱地說,
"I've no doubt you'll make a splendid master of coin, Tyrion."
“你定能將財政打理得井井有條,提利昂。”