It is only that your lord father does not know you.
這一切只是因為你父親大人還不太了解你。
With your brothers dead and you taken by the wolves, your sister was his solace.
自打你的哥哥們盡數逝去,而你被群狼虜走,你姐姐便成了他惟一的慰藉。
He learned to rely on her, and she has never failed him."
他不得不學著依靠她,而她也從未讓他失望。”
"Nor have I. The Starks knew my worth.
“我也沒有!史塔克家知道我的價值。
I was one of Brynden Blackfish's picked scouts, and I charged with the first wave in the Whispering Wood.
我是黑魚布蘭登麾下的精銳斥候之一,在囈語森林我沖鋒在最前線,
I was that close to crossing swords with the Kingslayer himself."
差這么一點便要和弒君者正面交手。
Theon held his hands two feet apart.
”席恩用手比劃出兩尺的距離。“
"Daryn Hornwood came between us, and died for it."
然而戴林恩·霍伍德沖到我們之間,隨后成了刀下鬼。”
"Why do you tell me this?" Dagmer asked.
“你告訴我這些做什么?”達格摩問,
"It was me who put your first sword in your hand.
“正是我把你這輩子第一把劍交到你手中。
I know you are no craven."
我知道你不是懦夫。”
"Does my father?"
“我父親也知道?”
The hoary old warrior looked as if he had bitten into something he did not like the taste of.
頭發灰白的老戰士面露苦色,活像咬到什么難受的食物。
"It is only... Theon, the Boy Wolf is your friend, and these Starks had you for ten years."
“這只是……席恩,那個少狼主是你的朋友,史塔克家把你留了十年。”
"I am no Stark." Lord Eddard saw to that.
“我不是史塔克。”艾德公爵凝視著他。
"I am a Greyjoy, and I mean to be my father's heir.
“我是葛雷喬伊,我想成為父親的傳人。
How can I do that unless I prove myself with some great deed?"
如果我不干出幾番大事業,證明給別人看看,又怎么做得到呢?”
"You are young. Other wars will come, and you shall do your great deeds.
“你還年輕,戰爭的機會多的是,滿可以立下很多功業。
For now, we are commanded to harry the Stony Shore."
然而這次,我們的任務只是搶掠磐石海岸啊。”
"Let my uncle Aeron see to it.
“這任務讓伊倫叔叔負責就好。
I'll give him six ships, all but Foamdrinker and Sea Bitch, and he can burn and drown to his god's surfeit."
除了豪飲和海婊子,我把剩下的六條船都撥給他。他可以為著他那神靈的欲望隨意燒殺淹溺。”
"The command was given you, not Aeron Damphair."
“但任務是交給你的,不是給濕發伊倫。”
"So long as the harrying is done, what does it matter?
“達到搶掠騷擾的目的就行,誰執行有什么區別?
No priest could do what I mean to, nor what I ask of you.
牧師想不到我打算的事,更辦不了我想請您辦的事。
I have a task that only Dagmer Cleftjaw can accomplish."
我有一個任務,只有裂顎達格摩這樣的人方能完成。”
Dagmer took a long draught from his horn. "Tell me."
達格摩舉起角杯,深吸一口。“告訴我。”
He is tempted, Theon thought.
他被打動了,席恩心想,
He likes this reaver's work no better than I do.
他和我一樣對這強盜的勾當沒興趣。
"If my sister can take a castle, so can I'
“如果說我姐姐能拿下一座城堡,那么我也能。”
"Asha has four or five times the men we do."
“阿莎的人手是我們的四五倍。”
Theon allowed himself a sly smile.
席恩狡黠地笑道:
"But we have four times the wits, and five times the courage."
“而我們有四倍于她的機智,五倍于她的勇氣。”
"Your father—"
“你父親——”
"—will thank me, when I hand him his kingdom.
“——會感謝我,當我把一整個王國拱手獻上時。
I mean to do a deed that the harpers will sing of for a thousand years."
我所計劃的行動將讓歌手們傳唱千年。”
He knew that would give Dagmer pause.
他料到這句話會讓達格摩躊躇。
A singer had made a song about the axe that cracked his jaw in half, and the old man loved to hear it.
一個歌手曾寫過一首關于他粉碎的下巴和斧頭的歌,老人很愛聽。
Whenever he was in his cups he would call for a reaving song, something loud and stormy that told of dead heroes and deeds of wild valor.
每當喝得酩酊大醉,他便呼喝著高唱古代掠奪者們的歌謠——那些喧吵激烈,歌頌逝去的英雄和蠻荒的勇武的曲謠。