Rock Me To Sleep (上) Elizabeth Akers
《擁我入眠》伊麗莎白·艾克斯
Backward, turn backward, O Time, in your flight
噢,流逝的時光,后退,向后退
Make me a child again just for tonight!
就只是今夜,讓我做回純真小孩!
Mother, come back from the echoless shore
媽媽,從沒有回音的海岸回來
Take me again to your heart as of yore
一如往昔把我擁入懷里
Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care
親吻我額頭時那充滿關懷的皺紋
Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair
順理我頭上亂糟糟的銀色發絲
Over my slumbers your loving watch keep
在我熟睡時,一直憐愛地望著我
Rock me to sleep, mother, rock me to sleep!
搖我入眠,媽媽,搖我入眠!
Backward, flow backward, O tide of the years!
噢,歲月的潮汐,后退,向后退!
I am so weary of toil and of tears
我己厭倦於辛勞與眼淚
Toil without recompense, tears all in vain
辛勞而無補償,眼淚徒流而無助
Take them, and give me my childhood again
都拿去吧,只要回到我童年
I have grown weary of dust and decay
我已經厭倦了塵埃與腐敗
Weary of flinging my soul-wealth away
厭倦於丟失我的精神財富
Weary of sowing for others to reap
厭倦於為他人作出嫁衣裳
Rock me to sleep, mother rock me to sleep!
搖我入眠,媽媽,搖我入眠!
Tired of the hollow, the base, the untrue
厭倦於空洞,卑鄙,不真實
Mother, O mother, my heart calls for you!
媽媽,噢,媽媽,我的心在呼喚您!