Sometimes the tree is in those dreams too, calling my name.
有的夢中大樹呼叫我的名字,把我嚇壞了。
That frightens me. But the worst dreams are when I fall."
最嚇人的是我經常夢見自己摔下去。”
He looked down into the yard, feeling miserable.
他望向庭院,感到很無助。
"I never used to fall before.
“我以前從不失手。
When I climbed.I went everyplace, up on the roofs and along the walls, I used to feed the crows in the Burned Tower.
我喜歡爬,哪里都去過,上屋頂,登城墻,殘塔上面喂烏鴉。
Mother was afraid that I would fall but I knew I never would.
母親老是擔心我摔下來,可我知道我不會。
Only I did, and now when I sleep I fall all the time."
結果我真的摔了下來,現在連做夢都在不停地墜啊墜。”
Meera gave his shoulder a squeeze. "Is that all?"
梅拉捏捏他肩膀。“就這些?”
"I guess."
“差不多吧。”
"Warg," said Jojen Reed.
“狼靈。”玖健·黎德道。
Bran looked at him, his eyes wide. "What?"
布蘭睜大眼睛瞪著他,“什么?”
"Warg. Shapechanger. Beastling.
“狼靈。易形者。兇獸。
That is what they will call you, if they should ever hear of your wolf dreams."
假如你的狼夢被別人知道,別人便會如此稱呼你。”
The names made him afraid again.
這些名字讓他又害怕起來。
"Who will call me?"
“誰會這樣叫我?”
"Your own folk. In fear. Some will hate you if they know what you are.
“恐怕會是你自己的子民。很多人一旦知道你的真面目就會仇恨你,
Some will even try to kill you."
甚至來殺你。”
Old Nan told scary stories of beastlings and shapechangers sometimes.
老奶媽經常講起關于兇獸和易形者的可怕故事。
In the stories they were always evil.
故事里它們都是壞人。
"I'm not like that," Bran said. "I'm not. It's only dreams."
“我和它們不一樣,”布蘭道,“我才不是它們。那只是夢。”
"The wolf dreams are no true dreams.
“狼夢并非真正的夢。
You have your eye closed tight whenever you're awake, but as you drift off it flutters open and your soul seeks out its other half.
當你清醒時眼睛緊閉不開,當你入眠后靈魂卻不由自主地搜尋它的另一半。
The power is strong in you."
布蘭,你體內的能量非常強大。”
"I don't want it. I want to be a knight."
“我不要什么能量。我想當騎士。”
"A knight is what you want. A warg is what you are.
“騎士是你想當的,狼靈是你成為的。
You can't change that, Bran, you can't deny it or push it away.
你改變不了事實,布蘭,你既不能否認它也不能趕走它。
You are the winged wolf, but you will never fly."
你是長翅膀的奔狼,卻不能飛翔。”
Jojen got up and walked to the window.
玖健起身踱到窗前。
"Unless you open your eye."
“除非你睜開眼睛。”
He put two fingers together and poked Bran in the forehead, hard.
他并攏雙指,用力戳布蘭的前額。
When he raised his hand to the spot, Bran felt only the smooth unbroken skin.
布蘭摸摸額頭,卻只有平滑無奇的皮膚。
There was no eye, not even a closed one.
那里沒有眼睛,那里根本不可能有閉著的眼睛。
"How can I open it if it's not there?"
“我連它的存在都感覺不到,又怎么能睜開它呢?”