Chapter 5 Increasing Life.
第五章 讓生命更加充實富裕
YOU must get rid of the last vestige of the old idea that there is a Deity whose will it is that you should be poor, or whose purposes may be served by keeping you in poverty.
過去,曾經有一種古老的觀點,說世人的貧窮正是一神靈一手造成的,因為只有這樣才能讓世人崇拜他,為他服務。對此,我要告誠你的是,你必須將這樣的觀點徹底從你的腦海里清除出去,而且絕不能留下半點痕跡。
The Intelligent Substance which is All, and in All,
會思考的智能物質即萬物。它存在于萬物當中。
and which lives in All and lives in you,
你的身體里也蘊含著這樣的物質。
is a consciously Living Substance.
這是一種具有思維而且還會不斷生長的物質。
Being a consciously living substance, It must have the nature and inherent desire of every living intelligence for increase of life.
正因為如此,它和這宇宙中其他所有生物一樣,渴望能夠延長自己的生命,豐富自己的生活。這是一種與生俱來的本能,不會受到任何外界因素的影響。
Every living thing must continually seek for the enlargement of its life,
凡是生物,必然會不斷地尋求擴展自我的機會,
because life, in the mere act of living, must increase itself.
因為生命的本質決定了它必須不斷擴大自己的生命范疇。
A seed, dropped into the ground, springs into activity, and in the act of living produces a hundred more seeds;
一粒種子,一旦落入土中,便會拼命吸收各種養分,從而讓自已能夠以最快的速度生根發芽,然后制造出更多的種子,在更多的地方留下自己的生命痕跡。
life, by living, multiplies itself.
生存是所有生命繁術后代的惟一方式。
It is forever Becoming More;
只要有生命,它就會源源不斷地制造出更多的生命。
it must do so, if it continues to be at all.
如果它想繼續生存下去,就必須這樣做。
Intelligence is under this same necessity for continuous increase.
在這一不曾中斷的繁街過程中,智慧也同樣必不可少。
Every thought we think makes it necessary for us to think another thought; consciousness is continually expanding.
任何想法和觀點之間都是環環相扣的。只有在原有思想的基礎上,各種新的思想才會不斷涌現,而在這一過程當中,有意識的行為的比例也在不斷增大。
Every fact we learn leads us to the learning of another fact; knowledge is continually increasing.
我們只有在獲悉某一事實之后,才能繼而了解與其有關的更多的事實,從而才能不斷地擴大我們的知識面。
Every talent we cultivate brings to the mind the desire to cultivate another talent;
我們的智慧每增加一分,我們想獲得更多智慧的渴望就會隨之變得更強烈。
we are subject to the urge of life, seeking expression, which ever drives us on to know more, to do more, and to be more.
在生命原始沖動的鞭策下,我們從來沒有停止過尋求一種能夠讓我們知道得更多,同時也讓生活變得更豐富的生存方式。
In order to know more, do more, and be more we must have more; we must have things to use,
了讓自己知道得更多,也為了讓生活變得更豐富,我們必須得到更多。
for we learn, and do, and become, only by using things.
為為了學習,為了實現我們的夢想,我們必須有足夠的工具和物質基礎。
We must get rich, so that we can live more.
我們只有獲得更多的財富,才能讓這一切變為現實。
The desire for riches is simply the capacity for larger life seeking fulfillment;
因此,對財富的渴望不過是一種追求美好生活的本能。
every desire is the effort of an unexpressed possibility to come into action.
每一個渴望最終都能轉化為行動的力量,
It is power seeking to manifest which causes desire.
通過實際行動證實渴望的源頭就是生命的本能。
That which makes you want more money is the same as that which makes the plant grow; it is Life, seeking fuller expression.
從本質上來說,你想獲得更多財富的源動力與植物渴望生長得更好的源動力一樣,都是為了生命的形式更半富多彩。
The One Living Substance must be subject to this inherent law of all life; it is permeated with the desire to live more;
任何有生命的物質,都必須受到自然界這一內在規律的支配,任何渴望都是在它的統籌下產生,然后實現。
that is why it is under the necessity of creating things.
這就是為何所有生命都在不斷地制造出更多生命的原因。
The One Substance desires to live more in you; hence it wants you to have all the things you can use.
在你的體內,同樣存在著這樣的物質,因此,在它的鞭策下,你會想得到所有能夠利用的資源和物質。
It is the desire of God that you should get rich.
宇宙當然希望人類的每一個人都能享受富裕殷實的生活。
He wants you to get rich because he can express himself better through you if you have plenty of things to use in giving him expression.
我們享有財富完全是自然和社會發展的規律,因為只有這樣,才能真正實現世界誕生的初衷。
He can live more in you if you have unlimited command of the means of life.
如果你能夠做到徹底掌控自己的生活,宇宙之源就會一直與你同在。
The universe desires you to have everything you want to have.
你應當享有所有想擁有的事物,這是宇宙在創立之初就定下的自然規律。
Nature is friendly to your plans.
自然這個偉大的力量愿意幫助你實現所有計劃。
Everything is naturally for you.
夢想成真,享受財富,這一切都是再自然不過的事情。
Make up your mind that this is true.
而你需要做的就是堅定信念,相信這一切都是真的。
It is essential, however that your purpose should harmonize with the purpose that is in All.
這很重要,不過,前提是你的目標應當與自然界的目標保持一致。
You must want real life, not mere pleasure of sensual gratification.
為此,你必須將自己的終極目標設定為獲取真正的生活,而決不能因為一些世俗的感官享受就感到心滿意足。
Life is the performance of function;
生活就是一個大舞臺,各種機遇、目標、職責等都是這個舞臺上的一個角色,
and the individual really lives only when he performs every function, physical, mental, and spiritual, of which he is capable, without excess in any.
只有那些能夠成功飾演好所有這些角色,讓自己的生理、心理以及精神都得到充分發展直至滿足的人才能深刻體會生活的真實含義。
You do not want to get rich in order to live swinishly, for the gratification of animal desires;
有時候,由于受到某些低級趣味的影響,你會沉迷于一種茍且偷生的生活方式當中無法自拔。
that is not life.
請記住,這絕對不是我們應當追求的真正的生活。
But the performance of every physical function is a part of life,
但是,從另一方面來說,滿足自身生理需求也是我們生活的一部分。
and no one lives completely who denies the impulses of the body a normal and healthful expression.
凡是抗拒或抵制健康且正常的身體沖動的人,一律都無法享受真正生活的樂趣。