If you look close, you can see traces of radiation on the film.
仔細觀察,就能看到底片上的輻射痕跡。
I was holding the camera like this, and it was coming up from the ground, like that.
我用這個姿勢拿相機,輻射從地面升上來,就像這樣。
Your eyes hurt and there was a metal taste in your mouth, those are the two things you felt.
你的眼睛很痛,嘴里有金屬味道,這是你會有的兩個感覺。
And once you felt that, you knew you'd gotten more than your dose.
一旦你有了這些感覺,代表你已經吸收過度輻射。
You couldn't feel your teeth up there.
在上面根本感覺不到自已的牙齒。
Your mouth was full of this lead taste.
嘴里都是鉛的味道。
You went like this, but you couldn't hear anything.
你會這樣做,可是你什么都聽不到。
Everything was covered in lead.
一切都被鉛所覆蓋。
Even today, twenty years later, I can still taste the lead in my mouth.
即使是年后的今天,我還是可以嘗到嘴里的鉛味。
Thousands of them will discover that this peculiar taste means the invisible enemy is attacking.
這幾千人將會發現,嘴內這種奇特的味道代表無形的敵人正在入侵。
Because as the bio-robots are sacrificing their lives on the roof of the plant the clean-up continues
正當生物機器人犧牲自已生命在電廠屋頂工作,
throughout the 30-kilometer zone, 24 hours a day, rain or shine.
廣及30公里的區域,清潔工作也持續進行24小時無休,風雨無阻。
Where normally it would take one man one hour to do a job, here in Chernobyl, it took sixty people.
通常一個人一小時就能完成的工作,在切爾諾貝利則需要六個人。
When we came down off the roof, it felt like our blood had been sucked dry by vampires;
我們從屋頂下來后,感覺就像全身的血被吸血鬼吸干,
we were drained, we couldn't move.
全身虛脫,無法行動。
Some people would have nosebleeds.
有人會流鼻血。
The firemen were right there.
消防員就在現場。
If someone's nose started bleeding, they got sent to the hospital.
如果有人開始流鼻血,就把他們送去醫院。
If we collapsed, we got sent home, but we wanted to hold out.
如果我們倒下去,就會被送回家。
But at the time, we were young and strong.
但我們都想撐下去,當時我們都年輕力壯。
Our health is shot, we've lost everything.
但是我們從此失去了健康,我們失去了一切。
They wrote in my record that we'd got 20.5 roentgens.
病歷上記錄,我們吸收了20.5.倫琴。
But what did that mean?
但是那能代表什么?
That number was several times lower than the actual dose.
我們實際吸收的劑量,是那個數字的好幾倍。