"I daresay we'll prevail without your five-and-twenty, my lady.
“我敢說,不仰仗您那二十五個伴當,我們也能獲勝。夫人,
I do not mean for you to take part in the battle, only to watch it."
我不需要您參加戰斗,只想要您在一旁觀看。”
"I was at the Whispering Wood, my lord.
“囈語森林之役我就在場,大人。
I have seen enough butchery.
我已經看夠了屠戮。
I came here an envoy—"
我身為使節而來——”
"And an envoy you shall leave," Renly said,
“也將作為使節離開,”藍禮說,
"but wiser than you came.
“而且比來時更明智。
You shall see what befalls rebels with your own eyes, so your son can hear it from your own lips.
您將用自己的眼睛好好看看叛徒是什么下場,如此您的兒子才能聽您親口轉述。
We'll keep you safe, never fear."
千萬別害怕,我們會保護您絕對安全。”
He turned away to make his dispositions.
他轉過身去下達部署。
"Lord Mathis, you shall lead the center of my main battle.
“馬圖斯大人,你指揮中央部隊。
Bryce, you'll have the left. The right is mine.
布萊斯,你指揮左翼。右翼由我親自指揮。
Lord Estermont, you shall command the reserve."
伊斯蒙大人,后備部隊交給你。”
"I shall not fail you, Your Grace," Lord Estermont replied.
“陛下,我不會讓您失望,”伊斯蒙伯爵應道。
Lord Mathis Rowan spoke up.
馬圖斯伯爵再次開口:
"Who shall have the van?"
“誰指揮前鋒?”
"Your Grace," said Ser Jon Fossoway, "I beg the honor."
“陛下,”瓊恩·佛索威爵士喊,“我請求這一榮譽。”
"Beg all you like," said Ser Guyard the Green, "
“盡管去請求,”綠衣衛古德說,
by rights it should be one of the seven who strikes the first blow."
“依慣例,應由七衛之一來打頭陣。”
"It takes more than a pretty cloak to charge a shield wall," Randyll Tarly announced.
“沖垮長長的盾墻靠張可愛的披風可辦不到,”藍道·塔利伯爵宣告,
"I was leading Mace Tyrell's van when you were still sucking on your mother's teat, Guyard."
“你小子吃奶的時候我就是梅斯·提利爾大人的先鋒官了,古德。”
A clamor filled the pavilion, as other men loudly set forth their claims.
叫嚷聲剎時充滿整個營帳,形形色色的人都爭相宣布自己的請求。
The knights of summer, Catelyn thought.
好一群夏天的騎士,凱特琳想。
Renly raised a hand. "Enough, my lords.
藍禮舉起一只手,“好了,大人們。
If I had a dozen vans, all of you should have one, but the greatest glory by rights belongs to the greatest knight.
如果我能封的話,我很樂意把你們全都封為先鋒官,但最偉大的榮耀理當屬于最偉大的騎士。
Ser Loras shall strike the first blow."
先鋒部隊將由洛拉斯·提利爾爵士統率。”
"With a glad heart, Your Grace."
“陛下,此刻我懷著無比感激的心情。”
The Knight of Flowers knelt before the king.
百花騎士在國王面前單膝跪下。
"Grant me your blessing, and a knight to ride beside me with your banner.
“祝福我吧,君王,并賜予我一個騎士,在我身邊執掌您的旗幟,
Let the stag and rose go to battle side by side."
讓雄鹿和玫瑰并肩作戰。”
Renly glanced about him. "Brienne." "Your Grace?"
藍禮掃視一眼。“布蕾妮。”“陛下?”
She was still armored in her blue steel, though she had taken off her helm.
她還穿著那身藍甲,不過已經脫去了頭盔。
The crowded tent was hot, and sweat plastered limp yellow hair to her broad, homely face.
人頭攢動的帳篷內相當悶熱,汗水使她柔和的黃發打了卷兒,搭在寬大平庸的臉龐上。
"My place is at your side. I am your sworn shield..."
“我的職責是在您身邊保護您。我是誓言守護您的……”
"One of seven," the king reminded her.
“七衛之一,”國王提醒她。
"Never fear, four of your fellows will be with me in the fight."
“別擔心,你的四位同僚將在戰斗中隨侍我左右。”