(comes back and gives a cup of coffee to Roger.) I put some milk in it, darling. Is that all right?
格溫回來,端給羅杰一杯咖啡。我在里面加了些奶,親愛的。這樣行嗎?
Mmm, wonderful, darling. Just like you! (Smiling shyly) Oh Roger! Well, darling, it was eleven years ago...
唔,好極了,親愛的。就像你一樣!(害羞地笑)哦,羅杰!嗯,親愛的,十一年前,
Ten! Of course. Ten. Ten. Sorry! So it's about time... Yes, darling?
十年前!當然,是十年前。十年。抱歉!所以現在是時候什么,親愛的?
It's about time... Yes, darling? To bring you a little something.
是時候......什么,親愛的?給你一個小東西了。
He takes a ring from his pocket. Oh Roger, a ring! How beautiful! Oh Roger, a ring! How beautiful!
他從口袋里掏出一枚戒指。哦,羅杰,一枚戒指!太漂亮了!
Do you like it? (To the audience) It was very expensive! Of course, darling.
你喜歡嗎?(對觀眾)這個貴得要死!當然,親愛的。
(To the audience) Oh dear, it looks so cheap.
(對觀眾)哦,天哪,看起來多么廉價。
(To Roger). Roger, how exciting! Are you asking me...?
(對羅杰)羅杰,真讓人激動!你是要讓我......?
Yes. (Taking her hand) Marry me, darling! Er, well, now you ask me, I don't know.
是的。(握住她的手)嫁給我,親愛的!呃,嗯,現在你向我求婚,我不知道。
You don't know? Well, this is all very sudden, Roger. I need some more time to think about it.
你不知道?唔,這太突然了,羅杰。我需要一些時間考慮一下。
(To the audience) Oh no! That's bad! I need her money.
(對觀眾)哦,不!這下糟了!我需要她的錢。
(To Gwen) How much time do you need? Well, I can give you an answer next week.
(對格溫)你需要多長時間?唔,我下個星期答復你。
But next week I'm going to New York! New York! How exciting!
可是下個星期我要去紐約!紐約!多棒啊!
It's only for work, you know. (To the audience) Of course, Susie's going to be there! I always see her when I go to New York!
你知道,只是去出差。(對觀眾)當然,蘇茜會在那兒!我去紐約的時候總是去看她!
(To Gwen) Oh Gwen! Please give me an answer before I leave! You see, Roger, you need to change a lot, before I can marry you.
(對格溫)哦,格溫!請在我走之如答復我!你看,羅杰,你得做很多改變,我才能嫁給你。
Change? Me? Change? But how? Well, to begin with, you must stop smoking!
改變?我?改變?可是怎么改?唔,首先,你必須戒煙!
(Looking at his cigarette) Stop smoking? And you must stop drinking coffee!
(看著他的香煙)戒煙?而且你必須戒掉咖啡!
(Looking at his coffee) Stop drinking coffee? And you must stop going to New York, too! Stop going to New York?
(看著他的咖啡)戒掉咖啡?而且你也不能再去紐約!不能再去紐約?
(To the audience) Does she know about Susie? Oh dear! So, Roger, what do you think? Can you change?
(對觀眾)她知道蘇茜的事了嗎?哦,老天!那么,羅杰,你覺得怎么樣?你能改變嗎?
What can I say, Gwen? I need you. (To the audience) And I need her money!
我能說什么呢,格溫?我需要你。(對觀眾)而且我需要她的錢!
(To Gwen) I'm going to stop smoking. And drinking coffee. And going to New York.
(對格溫)我會戒煙,戒掉咖啡,也不再去紐約了。
(To the audience) Sorry, Susie! All right, Roger. I can give you my answer here and now. My answer is yes!
(對觀眾)抱歉,蘇茜!好吧,羅杰。我現在就能在這里答復你:我愿意!
Oh Gwen, darling! Oh Roger! (They kiss.)
哦,格溫,親愛的!哦,羅杰!(他們接吻。)
(To the audience) Now I needn't think about money any more!
(對觀眾)現在我再也不用想錢的事了!
I'm going to have lots of money, my darling wife's money! (Laughing)
我會有很多錢,我親愛的妻子的錢!(大笑)
(To the audience) Roger doesn't know this, but I'm not rich at all! I like expensive things, but I haven't got much money.
(對觀眾)羅杰不知道,我根本不富有!我喜歡昂貴的東西,但是沒有多少錢。
When I tell him, what's he going to say? (Laughing) They go out, hand in hand and smiling happily at each other.
等我告訴他時,他會說什么呢?(大笑)他們開心地相視而笑,手拉手走了出去。