Gwen is looking at herself in the mirror.
格溫在照鏡子。
(To herself) Mmm, you look beautiful! But what does Roger think?
(自言自語)唔,你看來很漂殼!不過羅杰怎么想呢?
(To the audience) Roger's my boyfriend, you see. He's very shy, you know, and very poor.
(對觀眾)讓我告訴你們,羅杰是我的男朋友。要知道,他非常害羞,還很窮,
But perhaps tonight he's going to ask me to marry him.
不過說不定今晚他會向我求婚。
He's coming here to dinner at my sister's house. Nice, isn't it?
他今晚要來我姐姐家參加宴會。很不錯,不是嗎?
She looks around her, smiling. The door opens. Ah, here he is! Roger comes in.
她看了看四周,笑了。門開了。啊,他來了!羅杰走了進來。
(Looking at her) Oh, Gwen! (Looking at him) Oh, Roger!
(看著她)哦,格溫!(看著他)哦,羅杰!
(Moving nearer) Oh, Gwen! (Looking at him) Oh, Roger! (Moving nearer) Oh, Gwen! (Looking away) Oh, Roger!
(走近一些)哦,格溫!(看著他)哦,羅杰!(又走近一些)哦,格溫!(看向一邊)哦,羅杰!
(To the audience) This is going to take all evening! Gwen, my love. (Smiling at him) Yes, Roger?
(對觀眾)這兩句能說一個晚上!格溫,我的寶貝。(對他微笑)什么事,羅杰?
You know, we first met a long time ago. Yes. Nine years ago, I think. Ten!
你知道,我們第一次見面是很久以前的事了。是的。我想是九年如。十年前!
Sorry, of course it's ten. (To the audience) This isn't easy. She's very rich and I'm very poor.
抱歉,當然是十年前。(對觀眾)這可不容易。她很富有,而我很窮。
(To Gwen) Well, after ten years, it's time... (Looking interested) Yes? It's time... Yes?
(對格溫)嗯,十年了,是時候......(很感興趣)什么?是時候......什么?
To have a cigarette, I think. Have you got one, Gwen? Of course, darling.
抽根煙了,我想。你有煙嗎,格溫?當然有,親愛的。
(To the audience) What a wonderful house she's got! Everything in here looks very expensive.
(對觀眾)她的房子真漂亮!這兒的東西看起來都很值錢。
She takes a cigarette from the table and gives it to him. Here you are, darling.
格溫從桌上拿了一根煙遞給羅杰。給,親愛的。
(Looking at her watch and speaking to the audience) What a beautiful gold watch!
(看著格溫的表,對觀眾)多漂殼的金表呀!
What did you say, darling? Oh, it's your hands, darling. They're wonderfully, wonderfully beautiful!
你說什么,親愛的?哦,說你的手,親愛的。你的手真是美,太美了!
(To the audience) What's new about my hands? (To Roger) Oh Roger, you say the nicest things!
(對觀眾)我的手有什么可新鮮的?(對羅杰)哦,羅杰,你嘴巴真甜!
And your mouth, Gwen... (Coming nearer) Yes, Roger? It's a beautiful flower - Oh!
還有你的嘴,格溫......(湊近些)什么,羅杰?是一朵美麗的花——哦!
(He moves quickly away, and puts her hand over her mouth.) (To the audience) I had some garlic for lunch!
(他快速閃開,格溫用手捂住了嘴。)(對觀眾)我午餐吃了大蒜!
Roger, you're very handsome, you know. (Shyly) Oh, am I, Gwen? Oh yes.
(對羅杰)羅杰,你知道嗎,你很帥。(害羞地)哦,是嗎,格溫?哦,是的。
Your ears! I love your ears! They're very - interesting.
你的耳朵!我喜歡你的耳朵!你的耳朵很——特別。
(To the audience) And very big. Oh Gwen! Your eyes! I love your eyes! They're very - blue.
(對觀眾)還很大。哦,格溫!你的眼睛!我喜歡你的眼睛!你的眼睛很一一藍。
(To the audience) And very cold. Oh my love! And your hair! I love your hair! It's very - brown.
(對觀眾)還很冷酷。哦,我的寶貝!還有你的頭發!我喜歡你的頭發!你的頭發——是深棕色的。
(To the audience) There isn't much there. Oh darling! Well, after that I must say...
(對觀眾)頭發沒多少。哦,親愛的!嗯,聽了這些,我得說......
Yes, Roger? I need a coffee. Could you get me one, Gwen?
什么,羅杰?我想喝杯咖啡。你能給我倒杯咖啡嗎,格溫?
Of course, darling. (She goes out.) (To the audience) I don't like milk in my coffee. Is she going to remember?
當然,親愛的。(她走了出去。)(對觀眾)我不喜歡在咖啡里加奶。她會記得嗎?