For instance, my grandson, Scott, is graduating today and that's very real.
譬如我的外孫斯科特,他今天畢業,這是真實的。
That's real to me and so is the fact that he'll be entering my field.
這對我來說是事實,而他將會進入我這行也是事實。
He's gonna be facing a lot of uncertainty.
他將會面臨很多不確定性。
But, you know, uncertainty is not always a bad thing.
但是你們知道,不確定性并不總是壞事。
In fact, I kind of welcome uncertainty.
事實上,某種程度上我是歡迎不確定性的。
I think, instead of resisting it, you can surf uncertainty.
我想,與其抗拒不確定性,不如你們去探索它。
You keep your balance, stay agile, expect the unexpected bumps.
你們保持平衡,保持靈活,期待著意外的撞擊。
It's harder to do when uncertainty comes at you like a tsunami, but it's a good principle to live by.
當不確定的事情像海嘯般撲向你們時,想這么做會更難,但這卻是一個很好的生存法則。
The thing is it's not just Scott who's gonna be going out facing uncertainty in his chosen field.
關鍵是,將要走出去在自己選擇的領域面對不確定性的不只有斯科特。
Every one of you here today is gonna face uncertainty. It's gonna hit you.
你們在座的每一位都會面臨。它將襲擊你們。
You'll face it no matter what you do and, sometimes, it'll make you rethink what you're doing.
不管你們做什么,你們都會面對它,而且有時候,它會促使你們重新思考自己的所作所為。
And here's an interesting thing.
給你們講一件有趣的事。
Uncertainty usually comes from the outside, but sometimes it can come from your own heart.
不確定的事情通常來自外界,但有時也來自你們的內心。
If you suddenly are up against a situation where you remember what your own principles are,
如果你們突然面臨一種情況,你們知道自己的原則是什么,
what your values are, sometimes the choice can be difficult.
知道自己的價值觀是什么,但有時作決定是很艱難的。