Let me give you an example of how fast things are going. I love this example.
我給你們舉個例子,證明現在一切都變化得很快。我很喜歡這個例子。
A few years ago, the Internet was flooded with copies of a graduation speech that Kurt Vonnegut had given at MIT.
幾年前,互聯網上到處流傳著很多庫爾特·馮內古特在麻省理工學院的畢業演講的文字稿。
It spread across the country. It spread all over the Internet, all over the world.
這篇演講稿傳遍了全國,在互聯網和全世界廣為傳播。
And it did that in just a few hours. That's how fast it was.
整個傳播過程也就是幾個小時的事情。就是這么快。
It was quoted everywhere. And I'd like to read some of it to you.
這篇演稿講被廣為引用。我想給你們念其中的幾句。
I love it because it gives very simple advice, clear cut every day how to live your life advice.
我喜歡這篇演講稿是因為它提了一些很簡單的建議,很明確,告訴我們如何過好每一天。
He said, "Here's a few words for the graduating class: Wear sunscreen.
他說:“以下是我要對畢業生說的一些話:涂防曬霜。
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.
如果我只能給你們的未來提一個建議的話,就是防曬霜。
The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proven by scientists
科學家已經證實了防曬霜的長期功效。
Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering thoughts, I will dispense this advice now.
盡管我的其他建議不比我那不著邊際的思考更有可靠的依據,但我現在就給你們提這個建議。
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind.
享受你們青春的能量和美麗。哦,算了。
You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded.
在青春的能量和美麗逝去之前,你們是不會懂的。
But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself
但是相信我,20年后,當你們回看自己的照片,
and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.
以一種你們現在無法理解的方式回憶,回想當年有很多可能性擺在你們面前,回想當年你們看上去有多棒。
You are not as fast as you imagined.
你們并沒有你們想象中變化得那么快。
Sing! Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
唱歌吧!要顧及他人的感受,但不要容忍那些不顧及你們感受的人。
Floss! Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults.
用牙線剔牙!記住別人對你們的贊美,忘記別人對你們的羞辱。
If you succeed in doing this, show me how.
如果你們能夠做到,告訴我你們是怎么做的。
Stretch! Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.
舒展身體!多補鈣。善待你們的膝蓋。膝蓋不好時你們會想念它們的。