Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good.
理解你們的父母。你們永遠不會知道他們什么時候會永遠離開你們。
Be nice to your siblings.
善待你們的兄弟姐妹。
They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
他們是連接你和過去的最好紐帶,也是未來最有可能陪著你們的人。
Don't expect anyone else to support you.
不要期望其他任何人會支持你們。
Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse.
你們可能會有一個信托基金,你們可能會有一個有錢的配偶。
But you never know when either one might run out.
但你們永遠不會知道什么時候其中一個可能就會耗盡了。
Be careful whose advice you buy. Advice is a form of nostalgia.
聽取別人的建議時要慎重。建議是一種懷舊形式。
Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
給別人建議就像從垃圾里尋找過去,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.
把它擦干凈,粉飾其中丑陋的部分,再次利用它,讓它產(chǎn)生更大的價值。
But trust me on the sunscreen.
但請相信我提的防曬霜的建議。