Conversation A
對話A
Matt: How do you feel?
馬特:你覺得怎么樣?
Alex: Better, but I'm still dizzy.
阿萊克斯:好一些了,可是我還是頭暈暈的。
Matt: When you fainted, you scared us!
馬特:你昏倒時把我們都嚇壞了!
Alex: Sorry. The doctor checked me. He says I'm exhausted.
阿萊克斯:對不起。醫生幫我做了檢查,他說我累壞了。
Matt: You should take better care of yourself.
馬特:你應該好好照顧自己。
Alex: I know. Working hard is important, but so is sleeping.
阿萊克斯:我知道。認真工作雖然重要,可是睡眠也很重要。
Matt: That's right. You need more sleep.
馬特:沒錯,你需要多睡些時間。
Alex: I don't want to go to the emergency room again!
阿萊克斯:我可不想再去急診室了!
Conversation B
對話B
Taylor: Did you see your friend in the hospital? How is she?
泰勒:你去醫院見到你朋友了嗎?她怎么樣?
Susie: She'll be OK. She broke her leg and damaged her shoulder.
蘇西:她會好起來的。她摔斷了一條腿,肩膀也受了傷。
Taylor: Will she be in the hospital much longer?
泰勒:她還會在醫院待上很久嗎?
Susie: For another week, most likely. She may need surgery on her shoulder.
蘇西:很可能還要一個星期。她的肩膀可能需要動手術。
Taylor: That's too bad.
泰勒:真不幸。
Susie: I know. I feel bad for her. I will go and see her again tomorrow.
蘇西:是啊。我為她感到很難過。我明天會再去看她。