Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Hi, Rob. You seem kind of quiet today. Are you OK?
阿萊克斯:嗨,羅布。你今天好像有點安靜。你還好嗎?
Rob: Yes. I'm trying to make a big decision. It's a lot of pressure.
羅布:我沒事。我只是想要做出一項重大決定,所以覺得壓力很大。
Alex: What kind of decision?
阿萊克斯:什么樣的決定?
Rob: Well... can you keep a secret?
羅布:這個嘛...你可以保守秘密嗎?
Alex: Of course.
阿萊克斯:當然可以。
Rob: I was offered a new job in another city. It's an exciting job, but...
羅布:我收到另一座城市的一份新工作邀約。那是一份很令人興奮的工作,可是...
Alex: You're not sure about leaving.
阿萊克斯:你不確定是不是該離開這里。
Rob: That's right.
羅布:沒錯。
Alex: That is a hard decision.
阿萊克斯:這真是一項困難的決定。
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: I really enjoy working here.
羅布:我非常喜歡在這里工作。
Alex: Me, too.
阿萊克斯:我也是。
Rob: And I really like my coworkers.
羅布:我也非常喜歡我的同事。
Alex: This job is a blessing. So where is the new job?
阿萊克斯:能有這份工作真的是很幸福。那份新工作在哪里?
Rob: It's in Chicago. The station there is bigger than this one.
羅布:在芝加哥。那家電視臺比這里大。
Alex: Would your position be the same?
阿萊克斯:你的職務會一樣嗎?
Rob: No, I would do different things. I'd like that.
羅布:不一樣,我去那邊會做不同的事情。我喜歡這樣。
Alex: When do you have to decide?
阿萊克斯:你什么時候必須做出決定?
Rob: By next week.
羅布:下個星期前。