There are many values and ideas that are worth standing up for.
有許多值得堅持的價值觀和理念。
For my perspective, I've always stood for respect to other fellow human beings and gender equality.
從我的角度來說,我一直主張尊重他人和性別平等。
To achieve greater fairness in schools, in universities, in the workplace, and at home,
為了在學校、大學、工作場所和家中實現更大的公平,
we need to remove the barriers that continue to hold back women -- and that is especially true in the technology sector.
我們需要消除仍舊阻礙女性發展的障礙,在科技領域尤其如此。
Your generation is already benefiting from major shifts in gender norms and expectations,
你們這一代人已經從性別規范和性別期望的重大轉變中受益,
and that is partly due to places like IIT.
部分原因是由于像伊利諾伊理工大學這樣的地方。
This university has a strong record of encouraging women and minorities, especially in sciences and technology programs.
這所大學在鼓勵婦女和少數民族方面有很多記錄,特別是在科技領域中。
But the tech industry, a bit like finance, I have to say, has been lagging behind.
但是科技行業,有點像金融行業,我不得不說,其本身一直在落后。
In Silicon Valley, for instance, some of the hottest startups have yet to understand that
例如,在硅谷,一些最炙手可熱的初創企業尚未了解到
holding back women is bad for innovation, is bad for business.
阻礙女性不利于創新,不利于企業。
Time will operate changes. Yeah.
時間會帶來改變的。是的。
By the end of this decade, your generation -- the millennials -- you will make up half of the U.S. labor force.
到這個十年末,你們這一代,也就是千禧一代,將占據美國勞動力的一半。
And as a result, your values -- on everything from gender, to ethics, to management style, to work-life balance -- may become the workplace standard.
結果就是,你們的價值觀,從性別、道德、管理風格到工作與生活的平衡,可能會成為工作場所的標準。
But don't rely too much on demographics.
但不要過分依賴人口統計信息。
Increase your chances by standing up for greater respect and fairness now!
現在就站出來爭取更多的尊重和公平,來增加你的機會吧!