Hello, welcome. Thanks for coming today, Moira.
歡迎,Moira,歡迎光臨。
Professor Chris Packard is studying families like the Jacksons
Chris Packard教授正在研究Jacksons這樣的家族,
to try to understand why Glasgow is at the wrong end of the life expectancy charts.
試圖搞明白格拉斯哥為什么在預期壽命圖表上異乎尋常的結果。
And we'll see how many you can do within the two minutes, OK? Go.
我們來看一下,你能在兩分鐘里做多少,好嗎?開始。
Been treated for a few things - damage to... physiotherapy, sciatica.
一些已經得到治療,損傷……理療,坐骨神經痛。
I feel about 70, maybe 80 sometimes, trying to get out of the seat when I can't.
有時感到有七老八十了,試圖站起來,但是做不到。
I can actually stand, but my right leg stays bent and will not straighten.
實際上我能夠站起來,但是右腿還是彎曲,沒辦法伸直。
It's like... I think I'm learning to cope with it.
這就像……我想我在學習對付它。
Moira's body is showing signs of age-related disease.
Moira的身體顯示出與老化有關的疾病。
We're interested in the carotid artery here.
我們對這里的頸動脈感興趣。
Quite happy with that, actually - that's quite nice and clear.
對那相當滿意,其實還是相當好的,相當清晰。
But the most obvious causes - like diet, smoking and alcohol may not be to blame.
然而最明顯的原因,像飲食,吸煙和酒精可能都不是主要的。
One of the challenges for Glasgow is to explain why it has this record of ill health.
格拉斯哥的挑戰之一是解釋有記載的健康欠佳的原因。
We start where everybody starts in looking at the classical risk factors,
我們從大家都會開始的地方來看一下典型的危險要素,
diet, smoking, blood pressure.
飲食,吸煙,血壓。
When we compare Glasgow with other cities around the UK,
當我們將格拉斯哥與英國其他城市作比較,
we find comparable levels of these things
找出可作比較的這些情況的標準,
and therefore our ill health, our excess ill health - is not explained properly by them.
結果,并不能準確解釋欠佳的健康狀況和額外的欠佳的健康狀況。
We're left with a large proportion of the problem
我們留下了一個大問題,
that we have to find new explanations for.
需要我們去做出新的解釋。