Most of these people have a sense of what they call "ichi gai" -
他們中的大多數有這么一個叫做ichi gai的感覺,
in other words, something that gives their life a sense of meaning, coherence, purpose -
換句話說,給了他們一些生活的意義,目標,意志,
something that gets them out of bed in the mornings,
給了他們早晨起床后做的事,
something that they look forward to doing.
一些他們期待的事。
You know whether it's your gardening - whether it's a volunteer activity,
不論是園藝,不論是義工活動,
whatever these older people are involved in - it's meaningful to them.
不管這些老人是否參與,對他們都是有意義的。
Without that, it makes ageing successfully difficult.
沒有這些,健康長壽是做不到的。
We're going to the first house that I can ever remember...
我們即將去的第一間房子是我終生難忘的……
...and just on the right-hand side here,
就在右手邊,
there's these modern houses now...
現在有了這些現代的房子……
...but that's 230- and it's still 230-
那是230號,這里還是230號——
and that was where I used to stay, up at the top flat,
那是我以前曾經住過的,在公寓的頂樓,
but it didn't look like that when I came here.
看上去不象當年我在的時候了。
It was... just dirtier and greyer looking.
不過看上去更骯臟,更灰暗。
I have great memories.
我的記憶很好的。
Some sad ones, obviously.
明顯有些難過。
When my dad died, I remember...
我父親去世時,我記得,
I remember being locked in a bathroom
我記得被關在浴室里,
and I could see people passing by with a big, big box
我看到人們跟著一個大盒子,
and... I didn't know what it was at the time, but it was my dad.
那時我還不知道那是什么,然而卻是我的父親。
Forty-seven he was.
他去世時只有47歲。