Conversation A
對話A
Tina: Did you know people send more than 100 billion emails a day, James?
蒂娜:詹姆斯,你知道大家一天要寄送超過一千億封的電子郵件嗎?
James: Really? That's a lot of emails!
詹姆斯:真的嗎?那還真多呀!
Tina: Not only are emails fast and convenient, but they're free! They've changed how we communicate.
蒂娜:電子郵件不僅又快又方便,而且還是免費的!電子郵件改變了我們溝通的方式。
James: Yes. They let people communicate easily.
詹姆斯:是啊,電子郵件讓人能夠輕松溝通。
Tina: Do you remember life before emails?
蒂娜:你還記得電子郵件被發明之前的生活嗎?
James: Not really. But people used to send letters and cards from the post office.
詹姆斯:不太記得了。不過,以前大家都必須到郵局郵寄信件和卡片。
Conversation B
對話B
Tina: What are you doing, Taylor?
蒂娜:泰勒,你在做什么?
Taylor: Hi, Tina. It's time for lunch. I'm heating my lunch in the microwave.
泰勒:嗨,蒂娜。午餐時間到了,我在用微波爐加熱我的午餐。
Tina: Did you know the microwave was invented at the end of World War II?
蒂娜:你知道微波爐是在第二次世界大戰尾聲的時候發明的嗎?
Taylor: I didn't know that. But I'm glad it was invented.
泰勒:我不知道。可是我很慶幸有人發明了微波爐。
Tina: Me, too. Now I can heat my food quickly.
蒂娜:我也是。這樣我就能夠以很快的速度加熱我的食物。
Taylor: That's good because I'm really hungry!
泰勒:這點很棒,因為我真的很餓!