Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Thanks for joining me on the show today, Susie.
羅布:蘇西,謝謝你今天來上我的節目。
Susie: Thanks for inviting me, Rob.
蘇西:謝謝你邀請我,羅布。
Rob: Let's talk about inventions.
羅布:我們來談談發明吧。
Susie: Sure. History is full of great inventions.
蘇西:好的。歷史上有許多偉大的發明。
Rob: Which is your favorite?
羅布:你最喜歡哪一項發明?
Susie: My favorite invention is the washing machine.
蘇西:我最喜歡的發明是洗衣機。
Rob: Why?
羅布:為什么?
Susie: Washing machines make life easier.
蘇西:洗衣機讓人生變得容易許多。
Rob: Before washing machines, people washed their dirty clothes by hand.
羅布:在洗衣機發明之前,大家都必須用手洗臟衣服。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Many inventions help people save time.
阿萊克斯:許多發明都幫助我們節省了時間。
Rob: What is your favorite invention, Alex?
羅布:阿萊克斯,你最喜歡哪一項發明?
Alex: I like airplanes, I can fly to Taipei in less than a day.
阿萊克斯:我喜歡飛機,因為飛機可以讓我不用一天的時間就飛到臺北。
Rob: That's right. Before airplanes, traveling took a long time.
羅布:沒錯。在飛機出現之前,旅行需要花許多時間。
Alex: So what's your favorite invention?
阿萊克斯:那你最喜歡的發明是什么?
Rob: I love tablets. They are very useful.
羅布:我喜歡平板電腦。平板電腦非常有用。
Alex: You can read books, listen to music, and surf the internet.
阿萊克斯:你可以用平板看書、聽音樂以及上網。