Conversation A
對話A
Taylor: Hi, Rob. You don't look happy. What's wrong?
泰勒:嗨,羅布,你看起來不開心。怎么了?
Rob: I'm leaving in 15 minutes. I need my phone. But the battery is almost dead.
羅布:我再過十五分鐘就要出發了。我需要我的手機,可是電池快沒電了。
Taylor: So charge your phone.
泰勒:那就充電呀。
Rob: I'm trying! But it is taking a long time.
羅布:我在充啊!可是充電要花好多時間。
Taylor: There is a simple solution. Turn off your phone. Then it can charge faster.
泰勒:有個簡單的解決方法。把手機關機就好了。這樣充電速度會比較快。
Rob: Really? Thanks. I can do that.
羅布:真的嗎?謝了。我會這樣做。
Conversation B
對話B
James: What are you doing, Taylor?
詹姆斯:泰勒,你在做什么?
Taylor: Hi, James, I'm listening to music.
泰勒:嗨,詹姆斯,我在聽音樂。
James: Can I listen, too?
詹姆斯:我也可以聽嗎?
Taylor: Sure. Let me play a song.
泰勒:當然可以。我來播放一首歌。
James: Can you turn up the sound? I can't hear your cellphone.
詹姆斯:你可以把聲音開大一點嗎?我聽不見你手機的聲音。
Taylor: I can fix that. Let's use this empty cup as a speaker.
泰勒:我可以解決這個問題,用這個空杯當做擴音器吧。
James: Now I can hear the music!
詹姆斯:我聽得見音樂了!