Conversation A
對話A
Taylor: Tina! What's wrong?
泰勒:蒂娜!怎么了?
Tina: There's a cockroach in my drawer! I hate cockroaches.
蒂娜:我的抽屜里有一只蟑螂!我最討厭蟑螂了。
Taylor: I don't like them, either. They move really fast, and they're ugly.
泰勒:我也不喜歡蟑螂。蟑螂跑的速度很快,長得又丑。
Tina: Yes. They're hard to kill, too.
蒂娜:是啊,而且又很難打死。
Taylor: But why is a cockroach in your drawer? They don't eat pencils!
泰勒:可是你的抽屜里為什么會有蟑螂?蟑螂又不吃鉛筆!
Tina: Well... I have some cookies in my drawer.
蒂娜:這個嘛...我的抽屜里有一些餅干。
Taylor: That's why! Don't keep food in your desk.
泰勒:原來如此!不要把食物放在你的桌子里。
Conversation B
對話B
Susie: Rob, what are the most dangerous animals in the world?
蘇西:羅布,世界上最危險的動物是什么?
Rob: I don't know. Is it lions or tigers?
羅布:我不知道。是獅子還是老虎?
Susie: No. It's mosquitoes!
蘇西:不是。是蚊子!
Rob: Really? But they are so small! They just bite people. They don't kill people.
羅布:真的嗎?可是蚊子那么小!蚊子只會叮人,又不會殺人。
Susie: Oh, yes, they do! Mosquitoes spread a lot of dangerous diseases. Those diseases make people ill. They can kill people, too.
蘇西:蚊子可是會殺人的!蚊子會傳播許多危險的疾病,那些疾病會令人生病,也會致人死亡。
Rob: That's true. I didn't think about that.
羅布:這倒是真的,我沒想到這一點。