Understanding how gravity works everywhere in the cosmos,
了解了引力在整個宇宙中的作用機理,
and crucially, at the beginning of time,
關鍵是時間的起始點,
will bring us ever closer to a theory of everything.
將使我們更進一步接近包羅萬象的理論了。
Knowing gravity will mean that we can better understand
掌握了引力意味著我們能夠更好地了解,
why the universe is built the way it is,
宇宙為什么以這種方式構建,
and that, that's surely the,surely the biggest question you can ask.
這肯定是你會提出的最大的問題。
But the journey that lies ahead is not going to be easy.
但是前途就在前面,要到達并不容易。
If there are things that I listen to,
如果存在我聽到的情況,
you listen to, that you think, "Well, I don't understand that",
你聽到了,你會想:“啊,我聽不懂”,
then you're in good company, because nobody understands it.
那么你是個好伙伴,因為沒人懂。
You dig deeper and it gets more and more complicated,
你了解得越深入,它就會變得越來越復雜,
and you get confused, and it's tricky, and it's hard, right, it's hard,
你就會更迷糊,它是棘手的,難理解的,對,難理解,
but it's beautiful.
但卻是美麗的。
The laws of gravity are very, very strict
引力定律非常非常嚴謹
And you're just bending them for your own benefit...
你只是出于自身的利益曲解了它們……