Alice and Cindy were doing their homework for history class.
艾麗斯和辛迪正在做歷史課的作業。
Alice didn't like history. She thought it was boring.
艾麗斯不喜歡歷史這門課,她覺得歷史很無聊。
Cindy liked history, so she didn't mind the homework.
辛迪喜歡歷史,所以她不厭惡這份作業。
But the homework was taking a long time.
不過,這份作業相當費時。
Alice and Cindy wanted to go to a movie.
艾麗斯和辛迪想去看電影。
They needed to leave soon, but they still had a lot of homework to do.
她們再過不久就得出發了,但是卻還有許多作業要做。
Alice couldn't wait. She had an idea.
艾麗斯等不及了,她有個點子。
"Cindy," she said, "this homework is taking too long. We can work faster."
“辛迪,”她說,“這份作業花的時間太長了,我們可以用比較快的方法做。”
"How can we do that?" asked Cindy.
“怎么可能?”辛迪問。
"Homework always takes a long time. And we have a lot more to do."
“作業總是要花很多時間,而且我們還有很多要做。”
"It doesn't have to take a long time," said Alice.
“作業不必花很多時間,”艾麗斯說。
"Let's make a deal. We can share the work.
“我們來做個交易。我們可以分享作業。
You finish my history homework, and I will do your math homework."
你幫我做歷史作業,我幫你做數學作業。”
Cindy was surprised. Alice's idea sounded like cheating.
辛迪吃了一驚。艾麗斯的點子聽起來像是作弊。
And Cindy didn't want to cheat. But she did want to go to the movie.
而辛迪并不想作弊。不過她真的想去看電影。
"I don't know, Alice," Cindy said.
“艾麗斯,我不知道耶,”辛迪說。
"If you do my math homework, I will get a bad grade on the test. I won't be able to do the problems."
“如果你幫我寫數學作業,到時候我考試成續就會很差,因為我不知道該怎么解答那些題目。”
"Don't worry," said Alice. "I will help you study for the test. We have to help each other, right?"
“別擔心,”艾麗斯說,“我會幫你準備考試。我們必須互相幫忙呀,對不對?”
What should Cindy do? What would you do?
辛迪該怎么辦?你會怎么辦?