Conversation A
對話A
James: Susie, what are you doing?
詹姆斯:蘇希,你在做什么?
Susie: I'm writing a letter.
蘇西:我在寫一封信。
James: Who are you sending it to?
詹姆斯:是要寄給誰的?
Susie: An old friend. I need to address the envelope.
蘇西:一個老朋友,我必須在信封上寫上地址。
James: Do you know your friend's address?
詹姆斯:你知道你朋友的地址嗎?
Susie: Yes, but I don't know her title. Is it Miss. White or Mrs. White?
蘇西:知道,可是我不知道她的稱謂。是懷特小姐還是懷特太太?
James: It could also be Ms. White.
詹姆斯:也有可能是懷特女士。
Susie: Hmm... Is she married? I don't know. I haven't talked to her in years.
蘇西:嗯...她結婚了嗎?我不知道,我好幾年都沒有跟她聯絡了。
Conversation B
對話B
James: You look happy, Tina.
詹姆斯:蒂娜,你看起來很高興。
Tina: I am happy. I just got some good news.
蒂娜:我確實很高興。我剛收到了好消息。
James: What news?
詹姆斯:什么消息?
Tina: It's about my brother. He passed his exams.
蒂娜:是關于我弟弟的。他通過了考試。
James: That's great. What was he studying?
詹姆斯:那太好了。他在學習什么?
Tina: He was studying medicine. He was in medical school.
蒂娜:他在學醫學。他在醫學院。
James: And now he is done?
詹姆斯:現在他畢業了嗎?
Tina: Yes. He was Mr. Jensen, but now he's Dr. Jensen.
蒂娜:沒錯。他本來是簡森先生,現在是簡森醫生了。